Meng Kit Questions

Docbritofmf

Hey guys the other day someone posted their build of Meng Bradley Infantry Combat Vehicle, until then I had never heard of Meng but had been looking for a higher end Armor kit specifically a Bradley.

I checked the Meng Model site and found the kit Screenshot_20221008-192525.png
Which looked to be everything I ever wanted in a kit ie, the interior stuff and engine and from what I saw in the other posters build this kit had it all.

How ever looking for other stuff on the site to build a dream sheet I came across thisScreenshot_20221008-185622.png
Which states it is the interior and engine which I believed was part of the other kit I was eyeing for a future build. Can anyone tell me if this is just a detail up kits or a kit needed for the complete model

So basically if I want the complete package interior and exterior I need to buy that second kit.

Just trying to make sure I understood clearly, there is another version out there with just the hull of the vehicle and that kit I listed above was to add interior. So hull plus interior kit equals that more expensive kit you listed above but sold as one package deal?

One of the other reasons I was asking is because that interior only kit seems to have some stuff that's not included in that all in one kit, based on what I can see in the pictures most notable is what looks to be TOW Missle storage tubes on a rack above the bench seat

After looking at their website ,
The two Bradley offerings they have are the one that comes with the interior which is an M2 , stock # SS-004
Or ,
The M3 which doesn't come with the interior , stock # SS-006 .
They make that interior kit that is sold separately for the SS-006

I can't get the supplies page to load on their website so I'm going off what you submitted above .

It's common for interior upgrade kits that are sold separately to contain extra / more variations in components .

I don't know anything about the Bradley so maybe the M2 doesn't have the same interior equipment and that's why there are differences in the upgrade kit for the M3 .

After looking at their website ,
The two Bradley offerings they have are the one that comes with the interior which is an M2 , stock # SS-004
Or ,
The M3 which doesn't come with the interior , stock # SS-006 .
They make that interior kit that is sold separately for the SS-006

I can't get the supplies page to load on their website so I'm going off what you submitted above .

It's common for interior upgrade kits that are sold separately to contain extra / more variations in components .

I don't know anything about the Bradley so maybe the M2 doesn't have the same interior equipment and that's why there are differences in the upgrade kit for the M3 .
That's very possible I was watching a sorta documentary on the Bradley not to long ago and there was discussion about them removing some TOW Missile components when the upgraded the armor and turret controls which in addition gave them more crew and personell space also took away the Bradley's ability to float due a large increase in weight not that I ever truely trusted it's boating capabilities.

The Marines have tracks (armored personell carriers) and LARv light armored reconnaissance vehicles both of which are meant to be amphibious and both of which I have seen be successful and tragically very unsuccessful.

When they lunch those vehicles from the well deck of an LHD they plung down into the water and bob back up like a cork, they have this fine line of how deep they can plung into the water before the buoyancy of the vehicle is over come by its own weight and the water and then it sinks like a stone, it is from experience a very nerve racking sensation kinda like that first drop on a roller coaster

Latest posts

Back