Meng king Tiger + Interior kit

So decided to make a start on the shell's, all 55 of them !! Dry fitting of the outer hull and hull top assembly just to make sure that will fit.
Going to have a go at the radio later. Pantherman

View attachment 110966
The radio is done. Also did the small ammo rack and the last of the floor assembly with ammo boxes and first aid kit. Pantherman

20231227_121031.jpg20231227_121106.jpg20231227_121141.jpg20231227_121047.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum. Thanks for your kind post.
What type of building are you in too? Pantherman
Thank you for the welcome. I'm mostly into building scifi since I started to get back into building, but I enjoy almost any type of model. This was the last one finished, was my first real attempt at weathering. It's not great but I'm fairly pleased how it turned out all things considered. IMG_20231216_090632637.jpgIMG_20231216_090616311.jpg

The shell racks are built, it took so long and was extremely tedious but oddly enjoyable. Nice PE from Meng. Just got to prime and paint them then finish the shell's. Now that will be a challenge 3 colours per shell. Pantherman
View attachment 111081View attachment 111082View attachment 111083View attachment 111084
Shell racks painted and dry fitted. Half the shell's are primed and top coated, just the tips, base and band's to hand paint then I can start racking them up and fix into position .
20231228_185642.jpg20231228_185649.jpg20231228_185704.jpg

Man, that looks good Pantherman!!
Thanks, it's taking a fair bit of time to get together. I hadn't realised just how many tiny parts there are.
It was around £80 for both kits but it's definitely worth the money. Pantherman

I have this kit .
I got to where you were a page back or so -- the lower hull with the torsion bars etc .
I was going to make it a cutaway , I cut some of the hull .. I don't remember what if anything I cut out from the turret and wheels -- been a long time ago .
Don't remember why I quit it , Always working on other things - I think I got bored of tanks at the time , haha .
But ,
I'm happy to see I have that Maybach in the stash for future scratch builds .
Love the details on that .

I'll have to dig it out and refresh my memory .
The office is a total mess .
If I posted a pic of the bench you would stroke out .
Then I would be liable for reckless conduct or something since I knew the image would cause great bodily harm . ;)

I have this kit .
I got to where you were a page back or so -- the lower hull with the torsion bars etc .
I was going to make it a cutaway , I cut some of the hull .. I don't remember what if anything I cut out from the turret and wheels -- been a long time ago .
Don't remember why I quit it , Always working on other things - I think I got bored of tanks at the time , haha .
But ,
I'm happy to see I have that Maybach in the stash for future scratch builds .
Love the details on that .

I'll have to dig it out and refresh my memory .
The office is a total mess .
If I posted a pic of the bench you would stroke out .
Then I would be liable for reckless conduct or something since I knew the image would cause great bodily harm . ;)
Love to see what you were doing, I will wear very dark glasses to shade out the disorder. Pantherman

Ha ha ,
I'll dig it out later today -- I can't remember what all I did to it .
I didn't work on it very long .

I've had this kit for a while , the MENG Tiger is back behind it , but every time I see the box-art I want to build it ,
( I would have to drag a dog out of the way to get back in there right now , lulz )

91tT8XVho+L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I've had this kit for a while , the MENG Tiger is back behind it , but every time I see the box-art I want to build it ,
( I would have to drag a dog out of the way to get back in there right now , lulz )

View attachment 111147
I was going to do the Takom tiger but went Meng because of the interior kit. Figured it would fit better if compatible. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back