Mak " GIRAFFE " -- ECM Camel

Thanks , Chief ;D

The Giraffe will be getting her " neck " shortly ;)

Solvent welded the fuel piping at the cut .....

20151119_154335_zpszntlcklp.jpg

Just placed a heavy drop of Tamiya Extra Thin on the joint every couple of hours till it flowed together ...
.. it was just barely touching at the lowest point of the joint to start ..

20151119_160312_zpsqgxmefyk.jpg

:D looks like it can handle all kinds of Moon InducedTM thermal expansion and contraction .

... one cut and it worked perfectly --- I'm telling you : artillery pieces make great donors . Hand-wheel heaven .

Ready for putty and paint ..

I'm still deciding whether to paint the Bic tanks black ( ish ) or white ( ish ) ,,, the palette here

Opinions welcome ;D

Cheers ,
Uru

,, A scale shot

This thing isn't very big .

With my favorite 1/20 scale reference model ;

" a 19th century composer in a futuristic jumpsuit . Franz Liszt , fighting with the Mercs ..."
the Baron ..
-- commenting on Al's appearance in my Flame-Hund thread --

Armless Al :

20151120_222726_zpsi8bdhshe.jpg

You could cram it into a garage .. .
.. take the legs off .. .

I really think those shin-lights need coiled power supply wires coming out the back - connecting to a logical point ..
Yeah ?

Quick Moon -Wash on the braided hoses

acrylic medium - gloss slow-dry and black and gray Vallejo.
This will be all acrylic with the exception of the primer on the majority .

20151120_234412_RichtoneHDR_zpsbv9vtm7g.jpg
20151120_234447_RichtoneHDR_zpsxmipvena.jpg

Better

;D Thank you , Double D :D

glad you like it !

How's the other end of our state doing ?

Cheers ,
Uru

slowly forward 8)

These two "tanks" are the best or least bad of a few I made way back for the FlameHund ..

.... Poly gutter ferule ( background ) packed with Aves Apoxie Sculpt .

They're intended to look dented of course , but I'm not totally happy with either of 'em .

I'm only using one here

20151122_164436_zpsdtyrzwd3.jpg
20151122_093423_zpsleqahync.jpg

Laminating MicronTM masking tape up to produce straps for all but the kit's center tank ( marked 267 -- platform #67 , primary tank 2 )

20151122_160434_zpsg5b45xom.jpg
20151122_160332_zpshspysj4s.jpg

Ciao

The tank looks great! The only similar things I can think of are the bottles included in some of the racing crew sets, like Tamiya's, and if they don't work, you really do have to scratch your own.

Seeing more shots of those hoses, I really like the way they look!

And I had to chuckle, I had quite forgotten about Al. I took the opportunity to go back and re-read your Grosser Hund thread. Your work is really excellent!

And with a couple of years looking at 1/20 figures on eBay, I think Al is one of the racers, isn't he? I don't follow Formula One or other professional racing enough to recognize the portrait figures by name, but he looks familiar to me from the ones I see on eBay. I have always thought they'd make good Strahl pilot figures, with very little modification.

;D Hey , Baron !
Thank you for the compliment .

The most forward tank is a Wave Option Part --- I find them in the sci-fi section @ Hobby Link Japan
Wave makes a ton of very useful scratching-stuff .
I really like HLJ .
Especially that " Private Warehouse " option where they'll sit on purchased product for up to 60 days before making you ship . Very helpful minimizing shipping charges since it seems half the stuff I want requires back-ordering . It of course encourages me to buy WAY more " since I gotta ship the other stuff it can piggy-back " ;D ::) -- very clever policy on their part and the only retailer I know that does it .

...but it pays to go page to page thru their inventory ,time permitting , since their search-engine stinks ( often ) and I regularly find items that are tagged and displayed in the wrong section .Sometimes I can't even track stuff down for re-order with the original packaging in my hand --- typing in every conceivable identifier .. and thinking " I know it's from HLJ --where the H did I find this ?! ::) :p !
I always tell them about it . often .
Not in a while though -- their last response was something like : " our search engine isn't as advanced as Google .. " ::)

Yeah , it's the software

:eek:

... . they've had a "Construction Machinery " sub-category in the 'Cars&Bikes' section for a year or so ( Empty ) ..
...... I asked when they would populate said space with product .
They said they didn't have such a category :eek:

Now , they have some construction vehicles but that category is still empty .
maybe that category only displays in North America . Or , heck -- only Texas ;D

Armless Al is definitely from the Tamiya Motorsports Team Set .
I should refer to him as Franz now ,, his cover is blown !! Get your A-- to Mars !

I've been stockpiling 1/20 figures and tools to use in the large dio using the FlameHund and another two Grossers modified for sapping plus a Kuster --- all in an outdoors maintenance area in different states of repair/service using 8-10 figures .
Same plan as before -- with the newly delivered Bright Yellow plasma cannon being fitted to the FlameHund .

I have enough body parts , and the machines , now to get where I'm going --- with a saw , glue and putty

I abandoned the eliptical shield array for the FlameHund ,, the style doesn't fit the above application ,, but I may complete it for another Hund --- the Altair would maybe work . .. .
I actually want to build another Camel now ::)

Did you see the boot-lace used for the FlameHund's hose ?
I need to find more cord like that . It has a really defined mesh .

More pics tonight for sure .

Cheers ,
Uru

Thanks , John ;D

I think the one I picked is working out now ..

Slow going , slowed down by dry-times -- and my insane dogs ---

Here's the direction it's gone :

The primary BiC tank and tail-piece are welded in -- so she's off the work-jig for good .

Out of dry-dock

20151123_222427_zpsa9zr7xnz.jpg

I started construction of the upper BiC tank's strap .
Simple construction . 5 layers tape . sandwiched by .3mm poly . Solvent melted into singularity .
Shaped . puttied . shaped .. .

20151122_214549_zpsc5k2dz2w.jpg 20151122_214721_zpsz5vdwyz4.jpg
20151122_221104_zpsuko2ieoa.jpg20151123_225035_zpsvrbj7y2r.jpg

Fat with putty
Obviously a bit lot longer on the grill ::) .... we'll check back later ;)

Once that secondary BiC tank is strapped in and hooked up with the lower one I can get the other tanks hooked to the manifold .
This one looks better than it's phographing :

20151123_222939_zpsnq0qi2ox.jpg
20151123_222716_zpsg133heu3.jpg
20151123_222642_zpsbcky8m0u.jpg

.. and that valve head needs scuffing . & more fading

The pics always show you when to frown :p ;D

I need to play with the settings on this camera :p :p Again . I'm thinking of sending my old Samsung Infuse to them for repair just to use the camera again . No kidding 8) . it rocked

Anywaze ---
Who cares ? Right ?
:'( :'( :'(

I started on a pair of pig-tail power cords for the Shin-LampsTM :

20151123_213347_zps5yttvzkc.jpg
20151123_223047_zpslnyrrfq9.jpg

.. .and still pondering adding some -kinda-something at the base of the Shin-LampsTM

Merry Giving Night ,
Uru

I just have to say again how much fun it is to watch this scratch build project. There is just something so intriguing about watching ordinary objects become something else in a new context when combined like you show here. The change in function, scale, and texture is so cool. Reminds me to try and look at things in a different light or perspective.

Ha Ha !!
Fantastic ! ;D

Thank you , Hagoth .
Quite the compliment .

I'm anxious to catch up to my vision ;) ,
Slow going right now .

Anxious to complete and show-off the replacement for the laser ...

Cheers ,
Uru

Intermission Movie ;D ;D ;D

Really great vid on injection molding . very informative

Witness the Witness Marks !

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMjtmsr3CqA[/youtube]

Well . Yep , I've run out of resin bolts .

maybe they'll show up at HLJ ,, might have to check elsewhere .

20151124_230225_zpspdalk1vt.jpg
20151124_230352_zpsu8sbowno.jpg
20151124_230414_zps00ftlktt.jpg

plenty to do while I wait ;D

power supplies ready for paint :

20151124_230546_zpss4b76w1e.jpg20151124_230629_zpscq1grqtv.jpg

;D ;D ;D

Good news , Hagoth !
Thanks again ;D

I have the BiC tanks installed
I just need to complete the other end of the strap ...
the other connector should appear functional ( oh no )

20151126_141139_zps14kvpvif.jpg20151126_141235_zpsnm91re8s.jpg20151126_141258_zpsqurdmswx.jpg20151126_141359_zps9qaoxai9.jpg

Some shading should give depth to the strap connector ::) hopefully

20151126_141555_zpsh0lhv3nc.jpg

The short tank just needs to be placed and connected to the manifold with 1mm braided hose .
I'm starting on the forward tank .. I'm going to put a gauge at the valve head on this one .
The hard part will be painting the gauge face :p

20151126_141443_zpsht8tvrvc.jpg

.. . that handwheel at left is to replace the one that disappeared from the manifold ??? ::) , where it went ? Holiday , I suppose ... 8)

So I found a replacement from a U-boat kit that I actually liked better .
I saw it this morning , primer'd and ready for duty , when I was working on the BiC tank handwheels .

It vanished also ----- quite strange .
I replaced my carpet monster with laminate flooring so it's very easy to find small parts now ... plus , I keep everything on the bench in small containers :p

-- So if this one disappears , The Model Gods definitely don't want no hand-wheel there !! :eek:

( I guess you operate the valve with a wrench :-\ ) ( Come on Model Gods - be cool ! )

I need to install the Ossicone Antennae :

( any MaK fans recognize the parts ? . of course )

20151126_150945_zpsmrbtpzzu.jpg

It'll have a grounding strap running from each upright to fuselage connections .

All the grounding lines run to this ring at the forward bulkhead :

20151126_153539_zpsmpwghe8p.jpg

Cheers ! and Happy Eating !

Uru

Latest posts

Back