Italeri 1/48 A-10 Thunderbolt II

Update photos. (today was a litte slow so I had some time)

Canopies masked. First coat is flat black so the inside apears black. The second coat will be the fues color.

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

Wheels and gear (you may have read my "I hate gloss white" post. I was a little frustrated)
IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

It was warm enought the last two days that I figured the primer I laid down was good and curred enough to prime the bottom. (Shoutout to DreamKnight - I saw him using gloves in a video he posted and I realized it was a nesecity if I want to make sure I'm getting good results. Thanks again DreamKnight!)
IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

I am loving the way this is coming together. Def not perfect by any means but I can already see the progress since my B-17.

YES!! You should defo be happy with the way it's coming adam! But I must say...The pic of the big hand in the rubber glove made me a little nervous!! I'm due for a physical pretty soon.

I'm having flashbacks all of a sudden. I just did this stuff a few short weeks ago. Looking great adampolo13.

Thanks for all the complements!!!

So, I was sitting at my desk this morning trying to decide what to do. Since yesterday I figured out the whole "white paint" situation I would take a shot at painting the fun stuff.
IMG_0498.jpg

About 3/4 of the way through this I realized that I also had to paint the gear bays: (The pic doesn't do the paint job justice.)
IMG_0499.jpg

Next thing I realized was that the primer was nice and cured and that I could get some real paint on her. I decided to try some pre-shading. (I have to give DreamKnight another shoutout here. I watched his pre-shading video on youtube the other day and it made this whole process so so much easier! The one thing I realized from the technique is that I def need a better AB. My lines def were too wide)
(Sorry about the blurry pic)
IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

Now, because I watched DreamKnights video, I did a number of very light coats until I got to a point where I could just very barley see the black. It dried like this:

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

What do you guys think?

Since I had the medium gray out I decided to paint the drop tank:
IMG_0509.jpg

Next on the list is putting a coat of future on the ordinace, attaching canopies, etc. I am getting closer!

Thanks again!!!!

Dude it looks great. That's a fantastic base coat. Never worry about the pre-shading...it could almost be zig zagged across the hull (though I wouldn't do it like that) because once you put paint on her and fade out that black where it is like you said barley visible....then you've scored! Funny thing about using an AB is that you'll never master it but only learn to use it very well. Outstanding work!

Thanks Glorindel and fumblethumbs!!! I couldn't have done that paint job without the help of all you guys!

Good morning/afternoon/evening, (I figured I would cover all the world's timezones)

I woke up this morning (very very early and could not fall back to sleep) and decided to get right at it. (If you guys haven't figured it out yet I have way too much spare time on my hands. Haha)

First I attached the little things that go on the inside of the frong canopy.
A-10142.jpg

Next I put the canopy in place and used Tamiya extra thin to glue in place
A-10143.jpg

Next it was time to start masking off for the light ghost gray. I created a template for the rear section then cut it out of masking tape then I laid it on the model. I did it this way to give it a very uniform look.
A-10144.jpg

A-10145.jpg

A-10146.jpg

I moved from the back of the plan forward
A-10147.jpg

When I went to tape off the corners with the curve I cut a circle out of tape and then I cut the outside into 4 equal pieces so that I could get very nice even curves.
A-10148.jpg

I finished masking all the way forward.
A-10149.jpg

First thing I did was paint the main canopy.
A-10152.jpg

Here she is with all the paint laid down.
A-10150.jpg

All the masking off:
A-10153.jpg

A-10154.jpg

A-10151.jpg

Here is the engine bay. I sure am glad that I left the access panel in place for painting!
A-10156.jpg

A-10155.jpg

I couldn't resist getting her legs legs in place. (Only dryfit)
A-10157.jpg

A-10158.jpg

A-10159.jpg

Here she is next to the GUA-8!
A-10160.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Woaw, really a nice job so far! :eek:

I really like this airplane, remind me the beginning of Command and Conquer! ;D

Thanks for all the complements fellas. I definatley can't complain esp since its my 2nd build. No pics tonight but I did get some future on the top of the plane and I also got decals on a few of the bombs. All in all its coming out nicely.

Ill try and get some pics up soon.

Alrihty, here are some progress pics...

Bombs etc:
A-10166.jpg

A-10165.jpg

A-10164.jpg

The instructions said to paint this part yellow but I did some research and all the pics I saw shown it black.
A-10163.jpg

Front of gear well:
A-10162.jpg

Access Panel (its not too accurate, artistic license?):
A-10161.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Weapons are looking sharp, and yea..., you get artistic license :) - I think they only time you don't is if there is a AM part and detailed instructions on how to paint everything lol

Good afternoon y'all.

Here are some pics of progress.

Decals begun...
A-10167.jpg

A-10168.jpg

A-10169.jpg

Decals are done! Ejection Seat is in!
A-10170.jpg

A-10171.jpg

A-10172.jpg

A-10173.jpg

A-10174.jpg