Wessex HAS3 1/48 ITALERI

Laurie

Another helicopter for my diorama of British used military in the Falklands.

Laurie

The diorama so far this Wessex will be the 14th.

YP3dO6.jpg'][/URL]YP3dO6.jpg2sBF5N.jpghWkFTw.jpgZ3JYOB.jpgk3odkj.jpgMzPIK4.pngwQNXL1.png

Attachments

• lfSDwi.png
    lfSDwi.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 4
  • NIaruj.png
    NIaruj.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 1DEcAx.png
    1DEcAx.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 3
  • LplYOH.png
    LplYOH.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 3DA0Lu.jpg
    3DA0Lu.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Cockpit for the moment finished. Few fragile items can wait until later.

Now concentrate on the cabin which is immediately below & attached to the cockpit floor.

Laurie of Jerseypage2&3.jpg

GivbyE.png eeJUNO.png Mdht8R.png ywbWr1.png D9WoGW.png

Looks good, and the crew figures are good, too, nice job!
Referring back to your question about 1/48 British soldiers, have you considered converting existing figures? Probably take some putty work to create their gear, but if you haven't found any off the shelf, conversion would be a solution.
Best regards,
Brad

Thanks Baron very much.

Two minds. Found an Airfix Platoon om the cupboard.

So a bit f "leg" surgery may be the answer.

Laurie

Slow progress. Pauline my wife has Altzimers. So I am chief bottle washer, chef & house cleaner.
Does not leave me much time. But I do it all with love in my heart.

The Cabin & finding 1/48 soldiers. Eventually found some from the Airfix Herrick vehicle & platoon.range hiding on one of my shelves.

The Wessex will be hung in flight just about to land 15ft to go. The main large sliding external door
will be open. The Wessex will be canted to one side to enable a view thro. the large cabin external door.

There are also large windows hopefully heads will be seen.

In the cabin Herrick two drivers sitting.
sVNGGL.png oS9tJU.png

One hovering around the cabin among stores
MLP8aD.png CbU7CT.png

One in the doorway & on the edge of the doorway
Wle37k.png yn5lmf.png BGsnpc.png

Nearest I could find to the soldiers camouflage material.
a10cTV.png

Laurie

Progress. A lot of hand painting to come. But enjoyable & rewarding. If I get it right.

When I started as an Architectural pup I was given a pencil, sharpener & a paint brush.
(1954 no competers then) Told to practice. Great background for model making.

All drawings had to be rendered, painted, by hand.

Laurie

az8NFs.png F39dAu.png ZB73Ct.png 6YMMT1.png qS3PYn.png 3U9Gy5.png

The molds in that kit are fantastic. I look forward to seeing it painted.

I too started as a draftsman with the idea of going into architecture because I liked rendering and the model building process the most. Then computers took over and it wasn't fun anymore. Don't get me wrong, the computer is great to get things done quickly, but I miss the feeling of presenting work that was done by hand.

Modelbuilding keeps that feeling alive.

The molds in that kit are fantastic. I look forward to seeing it painted.

I too started as a draftsman with the idea of going into architecture because I liked rendering and the model building process the most. Then computers took over and it wasn't fun anymore. Don't get me wrong, the computer is great to get things done quickly, but I miss the feeling of presenting work that was done by hand.

Modelbuilding keeps that feeling alive.
Yes 50 years in architecture scott. There were a few nightmare days, sleepless nights when things had to be sorted. But an incredible time I had. A lot of the techniques & the art work were perfect for model making.

Really do like large dioramas 2.4m long. Built an Afghanistan house Falklands barn. Great superb pleasure.

Problem. Dioramas take a lot of space. Have to pull my bed out to sleep. But then I am surrounded by all my models.

Laurie

Okay, that makes my eyes hurt...lol... Well done with the PE.
Thanks Bear 43. Your eyes might hurt but I stuck up my fingers a couple of times.

The thin C/A goes off in seconds when touching warm skin.

Laurie

Latest posts

Back