1/72 Helicopters - Italeri MH-53 sea dragon and Hasegawa SH-60B Seahawk

blakeh1

First the MH-53 Sea Dragon
This is a pretty big model for 1/72 as the real life subject itself is quite a beast
It also is apparently one of the more dangerous aircraft as far as crashing. From what I understand it is still very much a manual machine that is still fly by wire rather than lots of computer controlled stuff
Always loved the different variations of it and hoping to build the Marines version that is a troop carrier
for now though...

pretty much out of the box except for a few scratch built supports on the engines and modifying some 1/72 ground crew figures to be the pilots

the Italeri instruction also were a bit lacking in the placement of certain things and I wound up getting the railings put into the wrong place I believe. Something I discovered too late

I tried spinning the blade in the photos to get a bit more of a realistic in motion shot for the rotors. Had to keep the exposure long to get it which resulted in more blurry photos as I moved the cameraP2211880.JPG

P2211883a.JPG

P2211900.JPG
P2211906.JPGP2211909.JPG
P1311849.JPG

and the Sea Haak was straight out of the boxP2211912.JPG
P2211910a.JPG
P2211872.JPG

I think they both look great. The only copter I built was years ago (like 30). An 1/32 AH64 Apache. I have been thinking of building another copter. A 1/72 Cobra. It will be a while though. I have to finish the Yamaha YXF-R1 racing motorcycle, then I have an Academy 1/72 F15E Strike Eagle up next. So it will be a couple of months before I get to it. Hopefully my copter build will look as good as your builds!

I think they both look great. The only copter I built was years ago (like 30). An 1/32 AH64 Apache. I have been thinking of building another copter. A 1/72 Cobra. It will be a while though. I have to finish the Yamaha YXF-R1 racing motorcycle, then I have an Academy 1/72 F15E Strike Eagle up next. So it will be a couple of months before I get to it. Hopefully my copter build will look as good as your builds!
thanks!

I'd love to do some larger scale ones like 1/35. 1/72 tend to have very limited details, especially for the interiors

First the MH-53 Sea Dragon
This is a pretty big model for 1/72 as the real life subject itself is quite a beast
It also is apparently one of the more dangerous aircraft as far as crashing. From what I understand it is still very much a manual machine that is still fly by wire rather than lots of computer controlled stuff
Always loved the different variations of it and hoping to build the Marines version that is a troop carrier
for now though...

pretty much out of the box except for a few scratch built supports on the engines and modifying some 1/72 ground crew figures to be the pilots

the Italeri instruction also were a bit lacking in the placement of certain things and I wound up getting the railings put into the wrong place I believe. Something I discovered too late

I tried spinning the blade in the photos to get a bit more of a realistic in motion shot for the rotors. Had to keep the exposure long to get it which resulted in more blurry photos as I moved the cameraView attachment 114061

View attachment 114062

View attachment 114063
View attachment 114065View attachment 114064
View attachment 114066

and the Sea Haak was straight out of the boxView attachment 114067
View attachment 114068
View attachment 114069
I did the German version CH-53 not too long ago. I like how your Sea Dragon turned out. Great work

IMG_1832.jpeg

Latest posts

Back