Tamiya A10 Thunderbolt II

Dminor9

I have built several Tamiya kits and they have always been good. This kit is awful. Not a single piece fits the way it should. I have to file and sand every glued piece. The fuselage, the wings, the engines, the landing gear. The instructions show how to build with landing gear up (my preference), but none of the landing gear doors fit. They are all too small. More fill and sanding. The details are minimal, the decals are old and fall apart, I am at the point of tossing it. I am very disappointed with the kit. Especially for it being a Tamiya kit. I am going to try and finish it if I don't get overly discouraged. My next kit will be a Hasegawa one. I am going to go back to building motorcycles for now. Thanks, just wanted to vent.

:D Yeah , one of Tamiya's worst kits for sure .
Italeri makes a good kit of it .

This kit got to the point of not being fun and being irritating and frustrating. If I wanted that, I would un-retire and go back to work. I tossed it in the trash where it belonged. Lesson learned. I will check all future purchases on Scalemates from now on first. Wish I would have known about that site before buying this abomination of a model.

I decided to kitbash it into an autonomous plane with a 105 mm gun .
A decade ago .
It's been sitting around 10% done ever since .
Really surprising that it's from Tamiya .

Latest posts

Back