Hobby room questions

fubar

Hi all

I'm in the process of slowly trying to turn a small room into a hobby room of sorts, it doesn't have much space but at least i wont have to keep packing stuff away after every modelling session. ;D

The room i have has bad lighting to say the least and it wont do my peepers no use sticking with that so i was just wondering what sort of lighting you guys with hobby rooms/dens/workshops use?

Other things i'd like in the future are an extractor for using my airbrush and maybe some decent shelving for the ever growing army of paints i seem to be collecting. :eek:

TTFN Matt

i use the lager daylight tubes ans have it hanging form the top os the room. i also have 3 desk daylight lamps what fold out and i use a 3 arm daylight lamp that i can move all over the place.
hope this helps you out a bit.

Thanks for that mate, a lamp on a flexible arm sounds like just the weapon i need. Space is at a minimum so the ability to move it about would be well handy. And i think i'll upgrade all the lamps to these daylight bulbs too.

TTFN Matt

i need to upgrade to some also, but what i use is this click its fairly bright and my room is about 10x10 so small room

Build yer own shelvs no point buying what ya can make

spud said:
i need to upgrade to some also, but what i use is this click its fairly bright and my room is about 10x10 so small room

Build yer own shelvs no point buying what ya can make

That looks like just the ticket mate.....ofc i'm gonna build my own shelves, my grandfather would turn in his grave if i bought shelving. ;D

TTFN Matt

Yeah Matt, those moveable lamps are great. I use three to cancel shadows...The more light the better! Also important, don't forget a nice comfy chair.

Tbh i'd love a comfy chair but space and money dont allow at the moment, i got an old bench seat that the cushion has died on. ::)

This is what i have to work with for my new modelling area...

f4a1b1aa.jpg
c258a3d1.jpg

Behind where i'm stood is the biggest pile of rubbish you ever did see ;D took ages to clear that much space lol

Any ideas on what else i can do? Like i said i wanna whack up some shelving next pay day and the new lamps. 8)

TTFN Matt

Wish i could but 'its not rubbish' so i was told.....looks like rubbish too me. lmao

29d6c845.jpg

And theres my ever so comfy seat....no laughing now.

TTFN Matt

Matt, if it's not being used it's rubbish. I made my own paint rack. Ripped a bunch of 2X4s for it and a sheet of plywood for the back. There's so many different was to make one. If you want I have pictures of the shelf being built. Could give you some ideas. You never know buddy ;)

jesus stick em in here ya have us all wondering how bad yer carpentry is now...

Latest posts

Back