Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon Modification

Jaitea said:
....I know, I'd prefer PE,....especially on a ship this big but I can't find anything yet.....If anything does become available I should be able to knock out the resin vents

I know what you mean... I've been looking into doing some PE stuff and see what I can come up with. From what I've researched on my own, it shouldn't be that difficult. Get some Iron On Transfer printer paper and use it to print the part you want, then iron the pattern onto a copper sheet. Paint the back side of the sheet with fingernail polish (making sure it's completely covered on the back side), let that dry, then dip the sheet into some etching acid for awhile, and when it comes out, you remove the nail polish with nail polish remover and viola, a PE part you need. Could be worth the time and effort with this big boy. May actually solve some problems with the landing gear. I've also been looking into 3D printing some parts as well like the missing side guts thru Shapeways. Not sure yet, but I'm sure PE parts would work in the cockpit. Just a thought.

Been thinking of getting this system and seeing what I can come up with

http://www.micromark.com/micro-mark-pro-etch-photo-etch-system,8346.html

This was posted on another site in regards to this Falcons engine grills.

http://www.planomodelproducts.com/201.html

I can see the possibilities.

....hmmm, its a bit too open......from different angles you're not supposed to see through it.....the real 32" had a solid piece, no fans

Theres a guy JohnnyCrash over at StarshipModeler making a PE set,.....gonna wait till he's done

J

I'm sure if you paint it dark on the inside with the fan blades in there it wouldn't be noticeable at all.

I'm gonna set the resin vents I've made in place until a good set of PE ones are available (likely JohhnyCrash's)

My plan is to have the ship held together by magnets......that means I can fill all screw holes,....leaving the ship easily accessible to take apart & make changes/service

J

Jaitea said:
My plan is to have the ship held together by magnets......that means I can fill all screw holes,....leaving the ship easily accessible to take apart & make changes/service

That sounds like a good idea.

OK, I'm remaking some of the pits:

IMG_1397.jpg

Still a bit more to do on this one:
IMG_1396.jpg

This is it just set in:
IMG_1395.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Thanks Q,...still working on those bits,....but I did a bit of work on the jaw

IMG_1398.jpg

& the HH cockpit grill
IMG_1399.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Pretty neat work you're doing with this, Jaitea. I bought my son the Legacy Collection Millenium Falcon a couple years ago. I found it for $150, including shipping, at a toy store in Washington State. This is the one with full interior, lights and sound effects. After reading through your thread, I checked out what they go for now ($500+!). I'm sure glad I got it when I did. :) There are a lot of possibilities to superdetail this baby and you've provided the incentive.

Thanks very much Mr. Goch,....you should pick up one of these,....a lot cheeper

I've replaced some of the pipework;
IMG_1401.jpg
IMG_1402.jpg
IMG_1403.jpg
IMG_1404.jpg
IMG_1405.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Latest posts

Back