GrosserHund in progress / see if Keith can figure out posting pics

urumomo said:
I have some ideas for 'nose art' but would like to tie it in to stay true to Yokoyama's landscape
Keith

I think you could come up with your own designs and still be in the MaK realm. In BK's forum, it just might be called fan art or fan design.

I could see, for example, an emblem featuring the mythological salamander. In ancient and medieval belief, the salamander breathed fire, and that image is filtered to various places in our culture. For example, there's a kitchen tool to braise or burn called a salamander. And the mythical salamander was a many-legged creature. I think you might find pictures of the European oil company Agip's logo, which used the salamander at one time.

I'm working on some details for a Strahl diorama, featuring Gertie, and I have to invent some things, because Kow never really included them anywhere (won't say what they are, for now, it's Project X ;) )

Dude !
You dig the salamander , huh? :) Greatly :eek: --- no doubt . lol ;)
I'm thinking Disney's Goofy with a pitchfork & flames ....,, I swear I've seen something like that somewhere.
By 'stickin' to Yokoyama I meant that Strahl favors Wehrmacht aesthetics/language , as you know .
Thought it would be cool to duplicate or incorporate a real historical entity but I haven't found anything yet .

I was over at Maschinenkrueger last night --I haven't been much lately ---I was really noticing how much I did not enjoy the forum --- not the work --- ( sorry Bryan ) ... There are SO many threads that just start from ? ..
.. Felt like continuously boarding an elevator and into the strangers conversation ..... I don't know if it was just overzealous editing but ?? ..might as well axe what was left ! ::) .. I had been touring around in older ( not that old ) stuff ,, :p
I'm starting on the flame gun now . This space shuttle is a perfect donor kit for this guy ;D .. those are the pilot seats on their sides at the upper right . I'm determined to use them somewhere !!025_zpsce175854.jpg

Someone was throwing this thing out . It's been sitting for years
046_zpsd242144a.jpg

You all Space and MaK freaks will like this .
Full , one piece engine bells ,,, no interior detail but ....and there's a space station module included so there be a few cool 'THING's . ( reminds me of the Rebel base do -dad sticking up from the snow ....)
048_zps7eb83dcc.jpg
The clear parts are fine ---in the dark . har har. Wavy . still useful
The styrene itself is comparatively soft .

;D For our viewers at home :

images

If you're fire-proof it will just kick you to death !! ;D

Proof of Concept : I was wondering what this panel was for when I first started this thing ..? :
002_zpsc180bc12.jpg

It covers ordnance hard points ...

026_zps26d6043c.jpg

Pesty Mercs hiding behind walls ??

036_zpsfb669ec8.jpg
046_zps4b9df37b.jpg

This is looking awesome bro... really love the detail you're adding to it. I really wish they would do a MaK movie... it's well overdue! :)

Ok . Hey Guys ! Thank you much for the compliments !

Oh Man ::) ::) ... I couldn't get into my photobucket ?? First the web site wouldn't come up then when it did my password no work . The reset page did nothing . Nothing . So I went to Picasa , but never could get it to share large pics ??? so I opened another Photobucket acc . I hate screwin with this kinda #&%** !! :'(

RIGHT ! now , back to the stuff that matters ---
I thought I'd be further along on this flame gun for DER FLAMMHUND ! but I'll be Funkin-out on it the rest of the day ;) So here it is , I added a handhold and controller for infantry :
004_zps0d212df8.jpg
010_zpsc3d39092.jpg

018_zpsb3cc8d98.jpg
020_zpsfb0e0422.jpg
024_zps5dd276bf.jpg
030_zpsf02e089d.jpg

There is a fuel hose for the joints above and below the one displayed ---- they are hard to keep put without affixing them with CA .
I cant wait for the paint work later today

032_zpsb06a5a96.jpg
,.. Bit out of focus but I've had all the computer fun I can stand ! ..More pics tonight . ;D ;D

034_zpsda0967cc.jpg

... and positioned for infantry :

038_zpse61bdacb.jpg

comments and criticisms always welcome . the completed piece will have the black fuel hoses shorter than seen --- I had to use one a bit longer to stick for the photos :)
Uru

Yep, great progress!

I like your hoses. That's a proof of concept for me, I have some shoelaces that have a similar pattern, and they're of a smaller gauge. I've thought about using them to replace the kit hoses on one of the Merc suits. My thought was to use thinned white glue to stiffen them, once I have the shape.

Hey Grendels ,, thanx , I just watched your Halloween vid last night ! Man , those kids were great ! --Nice House ! :)
Baron ,, You might try regular matt acrylic medium instead of the white glue to stiffen up the lace -- you can control it better and it will absorb into the weave better so it won't occlude the detail .
I think my Tamiya 1/20 Indy figures are here ---- The post lady left the notice to sign so I'll see what she brings back tomorrow ;D

I'm about to start back on the flame-arm . I've been trying to completely read Nylon Gag's MK1 build thread ..... I'm only on page 14 so far ::) . Good Stuff .

Uru

I

All Right ,
Here it is without the hoses .... I'm gonna give it a bit more time to dry before I fiddle with it ;)
004_zps03d81d63.jpg
011_zpse25b3b48.jpg
016_zps42ef08d6.jpg
018_zpsac2f0b40.jpg

He looks skinny without his armored fuel packs :

020_zps4495adb9.jpg
024_zps6a380735.jpg

:) I like this angle :

028_zps9debda41.jpg

...This is a little '5' decal ( sheet call-out # ) that I thought would look cool ,,, , but It doesn't :mad:
I need to address it . With prejudice . extremely .

SEE :

032_zps20d4b920.jpg
I don't know :p . Maybe some coating action ::) we'll see ...

:D I think I should make the laser double barreled or something .
...Something more in line with his bunker busting mission ... -- Shorter and beefier with some HEAVY HITTIN' kinda look . This laser looks ' long range ' .... .. I want ' In Yo Face ' ;D Har (over&under Plasma Cannon :-*)

044_zpsdd24c066.jpg

Comments welcome . ..even if it's just about your day ;D ..... How is the weather where you are ?
Do you like salads ? ....
Sincerely ,
Uru

Back