GrosserHund in progress / see if Keith can figure out posting pics

.. O K , finally back to these shields .

I had put them aside since duplicating them in reverse is going to take concentration and if I screw em up it will definitely cause a cascade of problems with the whole deal :( .
... but now I am rested and ready .
Fortunately Hunter Fans molds in these nice little alignment bosses HAR :

004_zps554697ec.jpg

Makes working with this compound curvature so much easier

007_zpsd4da2ea0.jpg
Checking way points ---
010_zps44afae03.jpg

.... on to the scroll saw

Roughed out .. the friction from the cut welds the kerf back solid ...
014_zps0b7c9e6c.jpg

Some chin armor in the fall-off ?

022_zps31184319.jpg

Wicked detailing and conversion work here! I really like the firehose looking attachment on the arm. And a nice a filthy, grimy paint job to boot! Awesome! ;D ;D

;D Ha Ha -- thanx man ,
That's a flamethrower on the right arm -- working on the napalm tanks rite now

Building this thing for a combat engineer company -- modified for breaching fortifications and close quarters combat

Hey , John ,
I'm picking at duplicating the shields right now - then I can get back to assembly later today .
Thanx Gag ! -- Scratch-Daddy ;D
Hey Baron !
Well -- I still don't see the " Chin Plate " .
I remember reading that specific thread over at Maschinenkrueger a while back . The only link to a pic ( HLJ ) shows that same deal .. ???
:'( :-\ ??? :'( where is it ? -- anywaze I'll probably incorporate one of some sort - though I plan to have some pieces disassembled from it in the diorama , for maintenance purposes

Thanx , Musty

I've decided I want another Hund in the diorama --- one outfitted with no weapons . Prob with two hands or a hand and claw , with a big drill on one arm ( for setting demo charges ) .
Prob a big spool on its back for pulling line .. .. -- more sapping gear -- maybe doubled-up armor plate

So -- and I also put this in Buy-Sell-Trade : I'd like to trade a MaK Camel for another Grosser Hund + bashing parts/figures ;D

Keith

Update for the 4th :

so- far so- good . Starting on the frame now .
The inside faces will get a cast texture once the frame is applied

002_zps89fa858f.jpg
Right side at top -- the duplicates are within ~ 1/3 mm tolerance -
Without those cast-in alignment boss there - it would have been much more tricky registering each shield with it's opposite for duplication
008_zps90b9d32d.jpg
025_zps319cb5a4.jpg
024_zpsfc178d80.jpg

Hey ya'll
Thanks for the support ! ;D
I've been working on the space boat but definitely want to get back on this .
I'll try and get some pix up Saturday with fuel pack / frame construction.
Keith

Latest posts

Back