Grendels lighting Tutorials

Thanks for the links thats perfect.

ive got another question..

Some on on ARC sugested some SMD lights have you ever tried these they look pretty cool. anything bad about using them ?

p1270517.jpg

p1270519.jpg

Cheers

Neo

Neo,

The only thing I know that is bad about them is their tiny size. It makes it really hard to solder them to wires. Other than that, I don't think there is anything wrong with them.

I have actually thought of pulling a few off of old circuit boards before I trashed them. Never did do it.

I have never really worked with El sheets, but I have worked with El wire before. It will dim out over time, and it isn't all that bright. This was five years ago, so the product may have changed since then. The only way to find out is to buy some and give it a try.

Here are the last four videos in the series:

Lighting Tutorial: 555 pros and cons

Links given in the video:

555 timer links
NX-01 build

555 infomation

On the right look for The 555 and read pages one and two

various circuits with the 555

And next building up the circuit:

Lighting Tutorial: The 555 build up

Strobing the 555:

Lighting Tutorial: Strobing the 555 timing chip

And a slide show of the circuits surrounding the 555:

Lighting Tutorial: 555 circuit slide show

Here is a link to all the circuits slides used in the show so you can print them:

circuit diagrams

That's money right there! I've been waiting for Professor Grendels' "555 Timer Strobe for Dummies"

Thank You Sir!

Your welcome!

If you can follow this and build a few circuits, you will save a lot of money.

Parts and supplies are under $10 for what the pro's sell for close to $100. You just have to learn and do it yourself.

For anyone with questions, feel free to post them and I will try to answer all of them.

Hey john,

Thanks for doing these. I watch them all. Very informative. maybe i'll use the info one of these days. 8)

My question is what do I need to get, I got the lights just need to get eveything else. I know u made a video about this lol I watched it

First thing you need to do is decide upon a voltage. If you ordered white or warm white LED's then they want a 3.2 volt power supply.

If that is the case, you can use two AA batteries to power them and you will not need resistors at all. Just wire everything up in parallel. In other words, the positive ends of every LED should be wired together, and the negative ends of every LED should be wired together.

Add a switch, and put the positive ends of the LED's to the positive end of the battery case, the negative ends of the LED's to the negative end of the battery case.

Any other questions, just post.

iam gona use them for head lights on my truck so iam only gona use two. iam also gota try how to mount the battery pack to it. i will post pics of the truck body if you want me its a monster truck i figured it would be cool to add head lights to it.

If you want to use a small battery, some of the button cells would work fine. I think a CR2032 would work, and it won't take up much space. It is a 3.2 V battery so you won't need resistors if the LED's are white.

It just won't power the LED's for a long time. So don't leave the switch on.

i will try it and im using white led's, thanks for the help john really appericate it. it will take two to three weeks for to get the lights i odred two hiundred of em for like 5 bucks on ebay, took your advice on that one.

Latest posts

Back