Geschutzwagon 38t Ausf M "Grille" - destroyed

Nice work on busting out the side on that. Seems to match up to the interior damage fairly well

SCRATCH,

It's comin' along Famously !! I've recently seen that AK came out with th Panzer Grey FX. This Turret is Awesome !! My Goodness .... It ... It looks SO Frackin' Real !! I Dig it !! I gotta get My hands on some of this !!! I'm really Diggin' th Whole line. Some really Impressive stuff !!

I'm lookin forward to more Updates !!!

More updates "Grille" - destroyed

Please more pics and "How do it". Very impressive. Love it!

Frank Blanton

It's a fantastic build as it is always with you.
Waiting patiently to see more.
Cheers

wow, seems like ages since I last posted here....sorry all.

Well work on this one has been very slow, and not so steady. Been doing little bits when the mojo and bech time is there. Here is where she stands at the moment.

Fcompweathering002.jpg

Fcompweathering004.jpg

Fcompweathering006.jpg

Fcompweathering007.jpg

I;ve started on the gun and radio and hope that will be done soon. waaaay too hot and humid to paint so I may start on another project if the mojo is there.

Rob

Thanks fellas, glad you like it so far. Thought I'd do some painting today but the heatwave and the humidity is not on my side. So I'm gonna keep busy with a rusty M4 HST.

Rob

Rob, congratulations mate, is being spectacular, a board, apply acetone in the thinner this can help with moisture, it also serves the air leak at the connection of the airbrush and air and moisture escape. you're lucky now, this summer and in winter I.

Regards

Richard

Great update Rob! Glad to see this moving along! That interior is looking the part buddy!! The Humidity dumped right out this afternoon....but shot the temps through the roof!!!! 100!!! almost too hot to swim!!!

Thanks fellas. She's coming along at a snail's pace....but it's moving.

I have painted some of the parts that needed to be installed in the fighting comp such as the gun, boxes and radio. They are still in the base color and need some weathering. I'll post pics when they are done.

The base color.

Metalpaints003-1.jpg

ok fellas lets start the little SBS. This is basically how I painted the interior of the fighting comp. After applying a lighter base color which I always do, I then mixed some oil filters of a darker Pgelb. This was applied a couple of times til I was happy with it. You can see the diff in the pics where I have done one of the recoil cylinder thingies.

HST-SiG001.jpg

HST-SiG003.jpg

Once everything received the filters, I then used AK dark wash. This was applied as pin washes and not an overall heavy wash. I applied more in some areas where I wanted to show shadow. With pin washes you can go heavy and remove or move the wash around for effects.

HST-SiG004.jpg

HST-SiG005.jpg

HST-SiG006.jpg

Next up came the chipping using Vallejo acrylics, followed then by some rusting using AK products. I would normally do some rusting with Lifecolor paints but I wanted to see what I could get with the AK stuff. The staining and streaking is hard to see in the pics, but they are there,

HST-SiG009.jpg

HST-SiG011.jpg

HST-SiG013.jpg

HST-SiG015.jpg

HST-SiG016.jpg

I have also added some weathering on the burnt area but will wait to do the barrel until I have decided on a camo scheme. Still have small items to do such as the radio and boxes.

Cheers
Rob

Thanks Spud, glad your liking it dude.

A test fit of the sides and gun to get an idea of how she'll look.

testfit001.jpg

testfit003.jpg

testfit004.jpg

testfit005.jpg

testfit006.jpg

More to come.
Rob

Can you folks believe Rob only burnt the toast on one side? ;D
We can fix this, now get busy and yank that engine out of there first.

Tony lee :)

Latest posts

Back