Geschutzwagon 38t Ausf M "Grille" - destroyed

scratchmod

I decided to break out this baby that I started nearly two years ago, and hopefully get it done some time in the next couple months.
I decided to use one of 5 resin motors that I had made about 8 years ago since they are all wired and ready to go. I added some wiring to the motor comp area to liven it up a bit. As you can see in the pics this tank is severely damaged and will be painted as it had burned.

grille7-1.jpg

grille8.jpg

grille92-1.jpg

grille6-1.jpg

Not much more to do to the driver and motor area so it won't be long until the paint gets slapped on.

Cheers

scratchmod
www.scratchmod.com

I guess to see all that motor work you will blow the top off eh? Very nice work!

Terry ;D

Thanks fellas for the very kind feedback.

I spent over three hours working on some masters of the axle/hub and a burnt roadwheel. I want to have these cast in resin so I have enough for the model and also future 38t wrecks.

Grille-wheelmaster007.jpg

Grille-wheelmaster003.jpg

That's basically how it'll look when on the model.

scratchmod
www.scratchmod.com

As mentioned bro.....................awesome work once again!!!, top `burn outs`and 3 hours well spent buddy ;D

`Boots`

Wow is that ever cool!

Do you use bluetack to attached pieces to wood. Great idea for a handle while painting.

Hiya Scott, long time no hear bro. How you been??

Yep blue tack to hold the parts, and sometimes double sided tape too.

;D Man.... so much goes into your models....
What actually got you to Model Blown up or destroyed Tanks ???

Did you get bored of the Living Cats ? too many on the tables ? Done that! been there !

I don't mind your work... actually I like it a lot !! cuz I don't see much of it in the show I go to !!!

and the few I have seen are no where near your level of work.... You should think of publishing your work and techniques !!!!

Its an Art-form by itself !!!

Will be following this one as well !!! always interesting to see your progress !!! I keep seeing more and trying to understand how you go about creating those small Gems !!!

Take care !

Norm

OUT !

I must be getting old!!! :p Missed you posting this here???? I was trolling, sniffing out fresh paint and BANG...there it is!!! I know I said it, but it's worth the second go around... Way to go Rob!!! Really looking forward to seeing the burnt-up paint job on the compartment!!! Is this one gonna stay home on the 25th next month? ::)

[size=10pt]Hint, Hint, Hint, Hint, Hint.....[/size]

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement fellas.
@ Norm. Thanks dude. As for getting into wrecks and rust buckets...I have done some here and there over the past 20 years but only really got into them about 10 years ago. I was inspired by the wrecks that Mig had done years ago. That's when I started to actually study photos and all things rusty. My goal was ( and still is) to try and achieve the most realistic effects possible....to try and make it look like real rusty metal, and not plastic.

Okay, just a short update. I spent an hour rusting up the motor and fuel tanks last night. Since this is to be a somewhat fresh wreck the rust is a lot brighter than on say a rust bucket that has been sitting out for some time. I started with Lifecolor rust acrylics then applied some MIG pigments to get some texture.

grille-motor002.jpg

grille-motor001.jpg

I can't do much AB work right now due to the humidity so the hull will have to wait.

scratchmod

www.scratchmod.com

Latest posts

Back