Flakpanzer Wirbelwind

The Zimmerit looks great. I have been thinking of getting a hold of one of these kits. This build might just convince me to buy one.

Love the Brass! Is that Zimm. resin appliqué or hand smeared? Looks great!

Keep up the insane work! It looks the part!

Don't rush it! Just let it happen...... We'll be watching!

schweinhund227 said:
Love the Brass! Is that Zimm. resin appliqué or hand smeared? Looks great!

Keep up the insane work! It looks the part!

Don't rush it! Just let it happen...... We'll be watching!
Hi:) It is tamiya 2-component putty, not the best choice, but the only thing I have. Pattern was done with AFV club Zimm tool + hand made tool for Zimm around MG mount.

I mean the flakpanzer Wirbelwind, for some strange reason, I have taken interest in vehicles of Kampfgruppe Peiper. From the research I have done, one can see several Wirbelwinds scattered around from Kampfgruppe Peiper.

The shinny stuff and the Zimm are looking superb Biz!! Keep it rolling!!! ;)

John, I see. Just check those reference images to be sure which Panzer IV hull are those Wirbelwinds based on - G or H, Dragon has both variants.

Todd, thanks for feedback :)

John, I see. Just check those reference images to be sure which Panzer IV hull are those Wirbelwinds based on - G or H, Dragon has both variants.

I'm not sure, I didn't know they had two variants. I’m not that well educated on the Panzer IV. I will have to dig into it more and see.

i bought me a Flak the Dragon 1/35 Flak 38(t) Ausf. M Late Production ~ Smart Kit. looks to be an awsome kit, this build and the build chris has going kind of put me in the mood once i saw it.

Biz its looking shap now, the zim is somthing i have never tried, i hink ild feel more secure buying a resin adon for it

great to hear that you are going to do Flakpanzer 38 (t)!
I think putty-zimm is not that difficult as it sounds, you just need to practice on a piece of plastic first ;)

thats a nice model, very good... just don't point it at me... Flak just gets me angry. ;)

Hi nerds, I am still here :D Was a bit busy with work and this week finally got some time for modelling.

What was done:

1) all tools received PE clamps either from Alliance Model Works or from my spare PE parts box.
2) Jack is from AMW
3) I got modelkasten latest version Pz IV tracks
4) rear and front lights togather with their cables installed
5) finished mudguards

IMGP1436-ps.jpg

IMGP1437ps.jpg

Only some minor stuff remains before painting!

She's a beauty as she stands Biz!!! Very nice!! She'll looked purty all weathered up!! ;)

Latest posts

Back