Flakpanzer Wirbelwind

Bizarre

OK, here is my next project. It is a Dragon Flakpanzer Wirbelwind that I am going to do with PE fenders from Griffon, Lion mark barrels (awesome stuff!) and some interior parts from Trumpeter.

This is where I am now (interior parts were primed 1 year ago when I was building Trumpeter model, but then I removed it).

IMGP1198.jpg

IMGP1199.jpg

IMGP1200.jpg

IMGP1201.jpg

IMGP1203.jpg

Very Nice Roman!! Looking forward to you bringing this together!! ;)

BIZZARRE,

Wow ! Cool build ! Those Barrel's are Off-th-Chain ! They look Awesome ! Are They easier to install than th Griffon set ?

That Interior is Balls-Out !! I'm lookin forward to seein this com together !!

GREAT START !!

panzerace007 said:
Those Barrel's are Off-th-Chain ! They look Awesome ! Are They easier to install than th Griffon set ?

I have no experience with Griffon, I just know that those are the most accurate ones according to a huge comparison by Terry Ashley on PMMS.
How to install - cut Dragon's barrel, drill a hole with 0,9mm drill bit, dry fit, add CA glue.

Griffon lacks textured barrel changing hand grips, otherwise they are similar, and both are dimensionally correct.

BIZARRE,

Th barrels that I have form Griffon have th Textured Grips & th Flash Suppressors are separate too .

GRLB35020_LRG.jpg

ok, you have an updated version I guess, which is great! then it is a bit better since you have ammo magazines included!

They are nice Barrels, but the Magazines are a P.I.A. to put together. ALL P.E. & They have to be folded. The Receiver P.E. for the Gun is Very Tricky & you almost have to cut th Gun in half to put it together !

I'm lookin' Forward to seein some more Updates !

I can imagine :) More PE = more PIA job :)
I will post an update as soon as I am through :) Need to paint interior now before proceeding with fenders.

here i'am - a small update. I drilled the hatches and now some of them are workable and since I figered out everything I wanted - I start painting!

IMGP1250.jpg

Latest posts

Back