Tamiya Flakpanzer IV Möbelwagen

pingvuiini

Just finished a quick straight-out-of-the-box initial build of 1/35 Tamiya Flakpanzer IV Möbelwagen. So much faster not having to deal with PE or separate track links like my previous project. Just have to get thru the painting/detailing and then the fun starts! :)^D

FlkpnzrIVMblwgnBldFrt02Web.jpg

FlkpnzrIVMblwgnBldTopFrt04Web.jpg

FlkpnzrIVMblwgnBldTopRear01Web.jpg

FlkpnzrIVMblwgnBldRear04Web.jpg

FlkpnzrIVMblwgnBldRear02Web.jpg

FlkpnzrIVMblwgnBldFrt04Web.jpg

Re: Tamiya Flakpanzer IV Möbelwagenlooks

looks like a nice clean build.

sometimes its nice just to bang a simpler kit together and just enjoy the painting and weathering.

look forward to seeing this come together

Nice, I am just starting on my first "added detail" build after a couple oob, no doubt I will be clamouring for a simpler life soon...

Thanks for the compliments! :)^D

I just finished all the painting and detailing. I will get started on the weathering tonight (oh joy!).

Anyone here ever use wheel masks like Quick Wheel, Alliance Model Works or Eduard?? How good are they?? Can they be reused for several models?? Anything to speed things up as long as they work well. Opinions appreciated.

MobelwagenPaintFrt06Web.jpg

MobelwagenPaintRear01Web.jpg

MobelwagenPaintRear07Web.jpg

MobelwagenPaintRear02Web.jpg

MobelwagenPaintFrt04Web.jpg

MobelwagenPaintRear04Web.jpg

MobelwagenPaintTopFrt06Web.jpg

MobelwagenPaintTopFrt02Web.jpg

MobelwagenPaintTopRear06Web.jpg

MobelwagenPaintTopRear04Web.jpg

Finished! Gotta stop before it starts falling apart on me.

MobelwagenV1Frt02Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1OpenFrt01Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Rear02Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1OpenRear05Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Frt03Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1OpenSide01Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Side01Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1OpenRear03Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1TopFrt01Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1OpenTopFrt05Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1TopRear02Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1OpenTopRear05Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1OpenTopFrt03Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1TopSide01Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1OpenTopSide01Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1TopRear03Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1OpenTopFrt01Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1OpenTopFrt02Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1OpenTopRear01Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1OpenTopRear02Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail03Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail01Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail04Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail06Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail07Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail09Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail12Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail16Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail15Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail18Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail20Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail19Web.jpg

MobelwagenV1Detail17Web.jpg

Thanks again for all critiques and compliments!

spud said:
Quick wheel masks are fantastic and can be reused

Great! I will give them a try.

Wow, that is truly a thing of beauty! :eek:

Amazing work on the rust and weathering. How did you get the rust done?

No Offence ment to you P but all your wrecks seem to look the same, they do look great no doubting that but every time i see one it just looks very like the last one,

I hope you take that as constructive criticism and not a stab at your work because it its awesome.

Leighbo said:
Amazing work on the rust and weathering. How did you get the rust done?
CallSignOWL said:
what did you use for weathering?

Thanks for the compliments! I used a little bit of acrylics and lots of oils w/ mineral spirits.

spud said:
No Offence ment to you P but all your wrecks seem to look the same, they do look great no doubting that but every time i see one it just looks very like the last one,

I hope you take that as constructive criticism and not a stab at your work because it its awesome.

This is true. I also play electric bass and a lot of times musicians get 'stuck in a rut', where they tend to play the same things over and over again for long periods of time without exploring new things or improving their technique. Even the great painter Vincent van Gogh got stuck in a rut and had his famous 'Blue Period'. Over the past several months I have been stuck in a rut as far as weathering techniques and that is probably why things look the same. Prior to my current 'crusty and rusty' period I was stuck in another rut where my models tended to be less rusty and more dusty, muddy and grimy:

ShilkaTop02.jpg

DragonT-7202.jpg

JagdpantherFrt03.jpg

T-62RearTurret01.jpg

SU85Rear02.jpg

T-3485Frt04.jpg

So yes, I agree that my current models tend to look the same as far as weathering goes. I suppose that means I have a 'signature style' where upon seeing any of my models you would immediately know it was me. I remember decades ago I could spot a Francois Verlinden model right away because he had such a unique signature style (although I am by no means comparing myself to him). Maybe several months from now I will get bored with the current rut and stumble onto some other new technique(s) that will change the overall appearance of my models. But for now I am still having too much fun with my 'crusty and rusty' period. :)^D

Well I for one really dig your crusty and rusty style, it really gives the model some character and age.

Bring on some more of the same I say!

Latest posts

Back