SDKFZ 163 Sturmgeschulz IV

Thanks.

They may call it red-brown but it looks dark pink in the photos to me. Maybe I should get me some of that, it would be more authentic. I normally use black or mahogany primers for my models and the majority have been german armor.
It's the colour that the german's used for priming their armour. Vallejo also do a German grey primer. Pantherman

I came across this color when building the 1/16 King tiger......
Mission Models red oxide primer MMS - 004. It's a red / dark brown.
Its labeled as a primer on the bottle, but I didn't use it to prime the model.I used as a finish paint on the interior of the tank, and where the zimmerit was chipped and broken away.
This was my first experience with this brand of paint. I couldn't get to spray right in my airbrush.....but I'm sure that was my error, I'm still learning the airbrush. I brush painted it on and I'm happy with the results.
Just wanted to add that color to the conversation, if it helps.

Ok, I was test fitting the track this morning and I realized I can't use the metal track I bought. I have to use the rubber track that came with the kit :confused:.

The metal track is too narrow, by about a millimeter or two. I just can't get it to fit properly. Oh well I can use that on another build I think.

Pantherman, meant to ask earlier, did your model have the large open areas mine did and how did you fill them (if you did)?

Pantherman, meant to ask earlier, did your model have the large open areas mine did and how did you fill them (if you did)?
It did have the gaps each side but I didn't fill them. Figured that by the time the wheels, tracks and armour plates are fitted they should be covered enough not to see. I will take a photo at the end for my build file and if it is too obvious then I will know what to do next time I build it.

My long time plan is to rebuild my favorite models so I can put them next to my early attempts to show how I have improved as a modeller (hopefully). Pantherman

Sounds like a good idea. I would do that except I don't remember my earlier models and I no longer have them. I either gave them away or they got trashed due to damage from one of my many moves.

Moving on a little bit more with this one. I have it primed including the side panels.

Decided to have a go at making a tarp for some extra camo later, it turned out OK for a first try. Just got to play about with it later for a better fit. Pantherman

View attachment 116446View attachment 116447

Pantherman's Patented Pepto-Bismol Primer..... Yes, I read the actual color but I like my interpretation better :D

Latest posts

Back