Trumpeter 1/35 E-75 Flakpanzer AA

pingvuiini

While I wait for the SAM-6 primer to settle and the Tunguska paint to cure, I did a very quick build of Trumpeter's E-75 Flakpanzer AA. The kit is quite simple with only 8 steel wheels on each side and one piece tracks, which saves tons of time compared to assembling individual track links and painting 24-32 rubber tires like on Tigers, Panthers and Pz. IV vairants. Total initial build time was probably around 6 hours. The most tedious things were cutting off the numerous tool clasps and replacing them with the included optional PE clasps. One oddball thing I noticed was the inclusion of PE grilles for the two round vents, but no PE grilles for the other four rectangular vents. Hmph!!

As I am writing I just realized my last few builds have been AA vehicles: SAM-6, Tunguska, Demag D7 Flak 38. Hmmmm. Anyways, here are some pics of the initial build of the E-75 Flakpanzer.

E75BuildFrt01Web.jpg

E75BuildREar02Web.jpg

E75BuildFrt03Web.jpg

E75BuildSide02Web.jpg

E75BuildRear03Web.jpg

E75BuildFrt05Web.jpg

E75BuildRear04Web.jpg

E75BuildTopFrt02Web.jpg

E75BuildToprear01Web.jpg

E75BuildTopFrt03Web.jpg

E75BuildTopSide01Web.jpg

E75BuildTopRear03Web.jpg

E75BuildTopFrt04Web.jpg

E75BuildTopRear05Web.jpg

Wicked! I have never seen one of these... Now I need one!

Love it! Beautiful clean build.

I've nearly bought this kit so many times, but was put off by the rubber band tracks - they look just fine though! Can't wait to see your progress :)

Thanks for all the compliments!

Initial paint and detailing of E-75 Flakpanzer. Will let the paint cure for a bit and then weathering! Yay!!!

One thing I noticed is that the rubber tracks are a bit thicker and stiffer than usual.

E75FlakpanzerPaintFrt01Web.jpg

E75FlakpanzerPaintRear02Web.jpg

E75FlakpanzerPaintFrt03Web.jpg

E75FlakpanzerPaintSide01Web.jpg

E75FlakpanzerPaintRear03Web.jpg

E75FlakpanzerPaintTopFrt02Web.jpg

E75FlakpanzerPaintTopRear01Web.jpg

E75FlakpanzerPaintTopFrt03Web.jpg

E75FlakpanzerPaintTopSide02Web.jpg

E75FlakpanzerPaintTopRear03Web.jpg

Latest posts

Back