Enamel air brushing questions

dkev

This kit I'm working on will be mostly painted in Humbrol enamel paint. First I assume I thin it with lacquer thinner. But do I need to take any special steps in cleaning my air brush? I normally just use Windex.

Yip ,you can thin with either Celullose or White spirit ,and wash the AB out with either after use :)

Chris.

Didn't know you could thin enamel with cellulose. Does most cellulose hobby thinners work with most enamels ?

You can thin Tamiya paints with celullose too ;)

Chris S said:
You can thin Tamiya paints with celullose too ;)

Of that I was aware just not the enamels with cellulose. I'll have to try that out. To they dry faster ?

Yeah ,it can help the drying time . One thing tho , Dont try it with Revell enamels ....it dont work !! Ask me how I know ;D :mad:

Ya I have Tamiya lacquer thinner. I don't usually like to use enamel but I'm doing the Iron Man MarkVI kit and I think it will just look better. Can you chip enamel the same way you can acrylic paint? I'm thinking of putting some wear and tear on the armor.

you will need to seal it with a coat of Klear and you can chip it with thinners but its much easier to do it with acrylics

spud said:
you will need to seal it with a coat of Klear and you can chip it with thinners but its much easier to do it with acrylics

After some research, I think your right. That's ok, I have plenty of Tamiya paint that will do the trick. Now where did I put my soldering iron. ;D

Latest posts

Back