Dueling PZ IV L70 (A)

I know Rob has made a tremendous effort and all but finished his 1/2 of the L/70 part of this Duel...pictures to follow soon I am sure. I will take the time now to move my end along!!!

I spent some time yesterday playing with some fiddly shinny pieces.

L703005.jpg

L703007.jpg

L703014.jpg

Took a couple minutes to get all those wheels ready for some paint too!!

L703021.jpg

I am hoping to sneak in and out of the cave today and pretty much get this one ready for the booth...then sit down and make up some tracks!!!

Thanks for having a peek!!!

Again....no moss on the rolling stone!!

A quick update, as I will be heading back to the cave to hit this around a bit more tonight!!!

Wheels..........primed! ;)

L703026.jpg

Everything on......for the moment!!! ::)

L704003.jpg

L704021.jpg

I would have had this update a bit sooner but I actually ran across another pic while trolling for something. Confirmed a couple thoughts but added some light to a couple more...which I needed to adjust.

Now...she sit in Prime Time!!!

L704027.jpg

L704033.jpg

So, I will head down and slap some of the AK German Red Primer in a moment!!! Hope to be back with some more later on!!

Thanks for stopping by!! ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Told ya....not waiting!!

A little German Red Oxide Primer set try out. I picked this up a while back and figured I would give it a whirl as I am waiting for the 1945 German Colors Set to come in!!

L705014.jpg

L705016.jpg

L705021.jpg

No, I did not need to do all this work for the under coat.....it was fun though and as a bonus if and when I chip back some section I will have some interesting color tones underneath showing the primer....maybe!!

As always....thanks for tuning in!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you Sir!! Really excited to slap some of the top coat around now!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Todd. Your Jagdpanzer IV/70(A) kit is looking good ! I really like the damaged mesh Schurzen and the red primer looks great. I got this same AK Interactive Red Oxide modulation set at AMPS East and have been dying to try it out on a Tamiya Jagdtiger Ive been working on. Like you Im also waiting on the AK German 1945 paint set (and book too) and will be ordering up that asap.

Cheers !

Rob B

Looking great in the new colors T.

Rob B. thanks dude. Been trying not to get with you....because I know I will end up telling you I need my fix....of Panzerwrecks books... ;D Have two now and am craving MORE... :D How you doing bro. Hear your all settled in now, very cool.

Hi Rob (B), Thanks a bunch!! I am looking forward to seeing the JT!! On my short list of items to pic up!! LOL...My 1945 colors came today...didn't even get the box open and she wanted to wrap it up!!! LOL!! Looks lie I am waiting for tomorrow!!! Merry Christmas My friend!!!

Thanks Rob (F) LOL!!! I am with you on the PW Books...I have the one and it is like crack....I need to get more!!

Hey, thanks Leigh!!! Happy Christmas to you as well!! Hope you had a great day!!! ;)

Time for another update!

Since I have a few new items, it's always good to play around a bit. Out of the AK Track and Wheel Set of paints, I grabbed the Satin Black and the Rubber/Tire colors and laid down a bit of dark primer coloring to the barrel.

Christmas2012-2008.jpg

With the Rubber/Tire color still out I attacked the road wheels to see how the paint works! I airbrushed the outer edge first to save some time and then the face with a fine tip brush.

003.jpg

Now I did buy the 1945 German Late War Colors and everything I would need to use is right in there....but I decided to lay down the first coat using part of the Dunkelgelb set from AK.

Christmas2012-2062.jpg

Christmas2012-2065.jpg

Interesting in that with the light base coat now on, it is looking like the museum piece a bit!

I have chipped back some of the first layer and will give this a quick clear coat before applying some camo. The rubber road wheels are now installed and I am doing the final assembly on the steel wheels! Should have some pics later I hope!!

Thanks for playing along!

Wow sorry mate I kind of lost track of this build, must say it looks amazing!

Latest posts

Back