Dragon Sd Kfz 138/2 Geschutzwagen 38 M Sig 33 Kit #6429

Big-John

ldmls6429.jpg

Ok, After a little arm twisting from Spud and Chris S, I have decided to start this build log. It is yet another variant on the 38(t), This one packing the Sig 33.

The planed build will have the cammo pattern as on the box art depicting a vehicle from 13 Kompanie, SS Panzergrenadier Regiment 2 of Kampfgruppe Peiper.

Kampfgruppe Peiper abandon their vehicles in and around La Gleize and snuck back to German lines on foot. The intent is to incorporate this model in a simple Diorama depicting an abandon vehicle with a couple of GIs looking it over.

I’m not going to be as fast as Spud…..or Chris s. so please bear with me.

oh nice it will be nice to see an intact one one unlike scratchmods ;D

Nice one John ...The 38t fest is on then ;D ;D Im interested as to how you handle the disc camo !

Spud ...Rob just has to destroy everything mate ....he cant help it ;D ;D ;D

Chris.

the last time i was there i registered but not been back in a while ill have to pop over some day and say Póg mo thóin! ;D

I think you'd like it ,quite a busy site now ,still small but busy ;D

Chris.

I really like the looks of this kit BJ. Having watched others build it and the details that are provided make it a dandy. 8)

I'll sure nuff be eyeballing your progress my man.
Tony lee

Well. I opened the box and looked at the parts, LOL

Going to have to take a hard look at some of the interior details. I wanted to build it OOB, but my plan is to show an abandoned vehicle (Out of ammunition and out of Gas). While surfing the web, I ran across some Griffon Model PE sets that have empty ammo storage bins, so I’ll have to take a hard look at that and decide if I want to fool with the PE.

@ Chris, Yes, the disk cammo pattern is going to be tricky. I have a couple of ideas how to do it. I’ll have to practice with it and see what’s going to work the best.

@Tony, Thanks for dropping in. I was thinking of you when I was looking at the Griffon PE sets. I’m going to need some pushing and prodding on this one I think. Especially if I get the Griffon eye candy.

BJ i've already got the Griffon sets for mine and they do look interesting :eek:

I was just reading the other day about somebody selling a template or mask for doing that tennis ball cammo. If I can find it i'll let you know.

Tony lee

I think Rob ( Scratchmod ) knows someone with masks ;) I'll ask him later .

Chris.

hey Big-John

nice to see your building something similar, I have the munitionswagen 38m, smartkit,#6471. it has lots of detail however im stumped as to what type of ammo its carrying. what type of gun does your kit use?

thanks
Centurion

I didn’t have much time to look my kit over today. But I did take a look and the ammo storage bins and the kit parts do look nice from what I can see. Them little lockers are small and I don’t know if I can work with PE that small. I can barley se it! PE is NOT my preferred medium to work with, so I am sitting on the fence about the griffon sets.

Tony and Chris : Thanks for looking in to the disk cammo mask. My idea was to make my own mask out of card stock or masking tape. I would just have to practice with it and see what works.

@ Centurion, Your munitionswagen is the support vehicle for the SP that I’m building. It carried the 15 cm Sig 33 ammunition.

No Erik that's not the newest out there. This new mask is done on a sticky material that you just stick on the model and spray. It may be model specific so it fits like ATAK zimm.

Tony lee

Yeah the USCHI stuff was what I was trying to remember.
I thought it looked to be the easiest to use.

Thanks Erick
Tony lee

Hey Tony and Eric,

Thanks for the links on the disk cammo. I have some ideas I want to try before I resort to buying any kind of mask.

I'll find a "Range Target" in the parts box and practice on that first.

Latest posts

Back