Dragon King Tiger with Zimmerit

did you get fired or something jhon because you are doing some serious over time on this one :D

Nice build. Making great progress. Like how the tracks turned out. The zip lock bags are a great idea to keep parts organized. I have to invest in some. Did you also get the plastic cups at Wal-mart as well?

Thanks Tanker!!!

The little Zip Lock bags are in the craft section. You get a big pack for a couple of bucks. The white cups are the containes from "Chicken of the Sea" pre made tuna salad.

Nice work John , lower hull/wheels look good to me ;D ....carry on ;D

Not much time for modeling this past week end. Plus its been a slow process of pin washing all the road wheels. Here is a small update of where I’m at.

KT-25_zps74b5c529.jpg

Finally to the point where I have the tracks fitted back on. Had some trouble as I broke both sides. A few nights of lining them up and letting glue set fixed that problem. I still have some touch up work to do on the tracks, but I’ll wait until I’m almost done with the build as I don’t want to rub the finish off while handling it during the remaining build.

KT-27_zpsc253891f.jpg

KT-26_zpsef720062.jpg

For over that past month things just didn't seem right. It's hard describe...it just seem when ever I sat down at my work bench things never went quite right...everything was just a bit off! :-\

And then tonight I saw this post and I suddenly knew!!! The entire verse had been changed by this one small act of.....Chaos Theory in action.....BIG JOHN building a GERMAN TANK...thingy....oh the horror.... :eek:

Actually rather awesome work as usual John! While I can't wrap my brain around this I will follow along and enjoy non-the-less! ;D ;D

Ha Ha Eric,

Yeah, I have been catching some crap about building German stuff. I know it's not Olive Drab, but I do loves me some King Tigers. ;D

Ok Fellas, This is where I’m currently at. Working with the tow cables and having a bit of difficulty, but have a plan figured out. I figured I would update before I spend the time today fooling with the cables.

The side skirts are just kind of sitting in place so they might not be in the proper position.

KT-28_zps4447458c.jpg

KT-29_zpsff45eb72.jpg

I broke one of the handles to the front hatches, so out came the brass rod.

KT-30_zps03de1f46.jpg

And one of the hinge covers for the rear hatch on the turret wasn’t molded completely. Fortunately, the un zimmed version was on a sprue, so I used it and covered it with epoxy putty and sculpted a Zimm pattern to match.

KT-31_zpsdd4ade51.jpg

Latest posts

Back