Dragon King Tiger with Zimmerit

Big-John

Here is my entry into the Big Spring Contest. It’s the Dragon King Tiger Henschel Turret with Zimmerit.

My wife bought this kit for me for Christmas a couple years ago from Cajun model supply’s eBay store.

KT-1_zpsc584f855.jpg

Nice !!!!! The threats were true!! Outstanding BJ!!! KT Envy!! LOL!! Bring it on!! Now where is my popcorn?!! 8)

Oooh ...big John is playing with the Big Kats ;D Cool .

Chris.

Well here is the start of my King Tiger project. As with all my builds, I like to start with the basic hull construction to get any fit issues out of the way. That way I don’t have to worry about breaking any small detail off from a previous step. There’s a little filling that needs to be done. And clean up on the suspension parts and road wheels have begun.

KT-2_zps930c4f60.jpg

KT-3_zpsb4f5646a.jpg

Always thought this kit has some of the nicest Zimm on it :) ...looks good

Chris.

Nice kit, and a great start! It's bee a while since I've built a Dragon tank kit. They are really awesome kits from what I remember, lots of parts.

Miniature zip lock bags work great for keeping parts separated and organized as they are being cleaned up. I found them at Wal Mart in the craft section.

KT-4_zpsbebefe4a.jpg

Its been a very busy week end and didn’t get as much done to the king tiger as I wanted too, but none the less, I have an update.

All the suspension components and road wheels are done and dry fitted to the model. They will be taken back off for painting.

KT-5_zps98632d7c.jpg

KT-6_zpsb08a9932.jpg

I also made a start on cleaning up the track links and test fit a few to see how they are going to be to work with. So far I’m pretty impressed with the track.

KT-7_zpsb1b077bd.jpg

Latest posts

Back