Dragon 1:35 - Stug III Ausf/8 Late Production

Well BOLLOX i just messed up my connection to my hose on the ab i need a new one and i just put in an order for a new needle GRRR back i go to order some bit.

i think ill get a quick release will save this happening again, im Pissed means Stug is on hold. at least i can do the tools i geuss GRRRR im mad!

SPUD,

Happy Paddy's Day ( Sorry your Parade Sucked, I'd thought that it would be impossible to have a crappy Paddy's Day parade in th Mother land ? ) .... Sorry to hear about th AB connection ! Well ... look at it this way .... It gives you time to weather th Lower Hull/Road Gear !! ;D

lol well i live is a small village first time ive been to one here and its Rubbish, i never got to teh one in Kinsale i was hoping to go to because it was on water and it would have been cool.

the AB issue is a Right pain in the you know what but i will get it going by the end of the week. i supose it will give me a chance to dow the lower half, working on the tools now i hate doing these bits lol

SPUD,

Werd Brotha' !! Yeah, I'm not a big fan of th lil bits either ( Pioneer tools) I still have to do them on My 007 ;D , So, I'm with ya ! It's best to just get on it & get 'er done. I'm gettin ready to hop on it now !!

i have them all painted for now im waiting on teh oild to seap a bit on card altough i may leave it doing that over night. there aint much more i can do now except rust teh exausts and dirty the lower half,

Hi Spud,

i must say i really like this one ;D

the weathering is top notch buddy

cant wait to see it all come together :)

Thanks Shane, ordered replacement part + quick release for my air brush so should have it on the go soon

Sorry to hear about your road wheels mishap but at least be thankful it was the back sides. :)

Tony lee

;) Nice Stug, Spud, a sober monochrome model the one you´ve got here.
´
Wich unit are the markings for ??
´
I keep frozen a Dragon Stug III G Early as "security backup stash" for the lean years ;) ;D
Cheers, Spud :)
RG

lol jelly. The markings i chose are for StuG.Brig.901, Kharkov 1943

spud said:
lol jelly. The markings i chose are for StuG.Brig.901,Kharkov 1943
Mate, what a coincidence!
So the art-box of your model is set in the TOUGH :p battle around Kharkov early in the ´43... I think that if you are going winterketten you have to winter-camo that beetle ;)
Just the same battle (if I wanted to "winterize" the model) that I found I could put "my" early Stug III G ... but I should had to "assign" my Stug to the "Totenkopf" Div because I´m not absolutely sure that the "Das Reich" or the "LSSAH" were so soon supplied with this variant of the Stug...

lol yea i am going with a winter camo as soon as i sort out my airbrush

well i got my W/W down and not happy with it i put two coats of chipping fluid down aned it was like it dint go down propper. so ive been trying to hide it :) by toning down the white. so here are some pics.

oh and yes my blu tac pulled off a decal as if things wernt bad enough..
_MG_2720.jpg
_MG_2721.jpg
_MG_2722.jpg
_MG_2723.jpg
_MG_2724.jpg
_MG_2725.jpg

Looks good to me Spud . Put a very very thin wash of burnt or Raw Umber on and it will settle it down nicely ,also if you want put some dots of white oil paint on and streak them in for the washing off effect of the whitewash ......good work ;)

Chris.

Thanks Chris, i did wash over it with the Dak wash thinned down and that toned it down nicly it was much Cleaner :). I do happen to have a tube of flake white hue oil paint will that be ok?, im almost done with the top half so i may do that before i finish up and do the bottom.

Im also going to use the Tracks i have black primer on them will do track rust and track wash and dark steel should make them look ok . i think....

yip ,that'll do fine . Dont overdo it tho' ,just small dots and pull them with a damp brush untill they have nearly disappeared ,when they dry you will see them more ...so go carefully ;)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back