Dragon 1:35 - Stug III Ausf/8 Late Production

Yeah, Winterketten were different from the Ostketten. The first ones were designet to operate in icy & snowy environments.
´
The Ostketten were used from mid-44 onwards. They were designed as an aid to lower the vehicles ground pressure in muddy environments (USSR - remember the "raputitsa" nightmare).
´
Also, the winterketten had "large" duckbills that prevented some AFVs to use some Schürzen designs...
´
"Here" al Kharkow in Feb-March ´43 the Stugs are still lacking Schürzen, they were mainly vehicles taken from front units (Spud´s Stug III came from a training unit that was attached to 19 Pz Div)... I believe that it was not until March 1943 that the first side skirts were fitted (and if I´m not wrong, in vehicles coming out from the factory line).
Spud, will you give some crew to that Stug ? ? The model is going pretty well, mate! :D
RG

thanks for that bit of info jelly, You are like panzerace with the info ;D

I have a plan for just 2 figures but the ones im after will not be instock untill the middle of next month so once i conplete the build the dio will have to wait. but once they do come in ill be getting this back up and going. but the tank will be finished tonight or tomorow :)

Re: Dragon 1:35 - Stug III Ausf/8 Late Production Finished

ok its Time to all this one Done ;D

as you can see ive added some wet snow on the lower hull behind the wheels just to give the effect of snow on the tank :)

_MG_2754.jpg
_MG_2758.jpg
_MG_2759.jpg
_MG_2760.jpg
_MG_2761.jpg
_MG_2762.jpg

Took some Macro shots to see some of the finer details
_MG_2772.jpg
_MG_2774.jpg
_MG_2775.jpg
_MG_2776.jpg
_MG_2778.jpg
_MG_2785.jpg
_MG_2779.jpg
_MG_2780.jpg
_MG_2782.jpg
_MG_2783.jpg
_MG_2784.jpg

I hope you like the pics guys, this was a Blast even if i taught it was going agaenst me at one point. i will be putting a montage togeter for a youtube vid prob next week

Who's going to clean that mess up Spud? ;)

Just like a little kid that just has to stomp out ever mud hole. ;D

You did good bud
Tony lee

Spud,
I really like some of the finer detailing you did! Love the jack block and the random missing teeth on the snow tracks. Needs a snowy mud hole base though. Keep it up.

Rob W.

Thanks a lot guys this was a fun build,

Rob I have a base with 2fig in mind but the figs I'm after wont be I stock until the mid of April so for now it's done :)

Excellent work Spud ,she came out great after all eh mate !! ,Love the weathering ....first class ;)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back