Dragon 1:35 - Stug III Ausf/8 Late Production

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
i came across this about 6 months ago
НЕМЕЦКАЯ САМОХОДКА С БОЛОТА .... СССР and taught it was realy cool. have a look at the other vids you will see alot of tanks coming out of swamps.

any how i was browsing today and came across the Dragon late version that has the same tracks so i ordered it, should have it in a few days

here is a Link to it on the dragon site built up. looks sweet. i have no idea what i will do with it at the moment but.

is there after market parts etch and stuff anyone know of?

as you can see having no spray gun is a pain in the nust... ill have a mountian to get trough when it arives ;D

SPUD,

I don't think there is a dedicated P.E. set for this yet ... But, If you can wait a little while I'm sure Griffon & Voyager will both come out with a set. Well .... I take that back. I just did a Google search & found that Edward has a Zoom Set ( meaning that some of the P.E. is Pre-Painted) but it's solely for th interior. Edward also makes this set - http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=EDU36140 - But ,(IMHO) considering how little P.E. you get I think it's a bit too expensive. You could get the set from Voyager for a STUG III G Early, but you could only use a little bit of th set . I would wait for a set that's specifically designed for th F/8 ... unless you really want to get into this build & then I would get th Voyager set for th Early STUG III G , cross reference it with th instructions from th F/8 kit & replace what you can from it. - I think I just talked in a circle ... ?

I saw this video a year ago, I think . What Blows My mind is how well it was preserved in th Peat Bog ! The Running Gear still works. I've heard rumors of Panzers being found in th Peat Bogs of Russia, & Poland & once They let th Panzers dry out ... They Fired right up !! The Peat Bog Preserves it. It's Air Tight in there. The Peat pushes out all of th Oxygen. I think this Stug still retains it's White Wash Camo !! ? I would love to know where this has ended up & what's going on with it .

I too have My eye on this Kit ! I was excited to see Dragon come out with this & it has Magic Trax with th Winter Ketten !! This is a very Cool Kit from everything I've heard!!

That was cool seeing it coming up from the deep german engineering you've got to be amazed after all that time the track still work I won't one

I wonder how much ghat sold for???

Looking forward to seein your scsle version of this

Thanks
Geegad

I have the Cyber Hobby "Black Knight" Mid Production Ausf G version, and it is indeed a very nice kit, only drawback with my kit is the decals only have fictitious markings based on the "Die Erzahlung des Schwarzen Ritters" (Black Knights) manga series. Been looking around for some aftermarket for it but not finding anything available for this specific variant, so I will probably use the kit supplied PE sheet and some decals from my spares box.

i seen an other vid on that guys site were tehy pull a T34 from a rivver /bog and it was a captured one by the germans was realy cool to see. and i duno if they sold it or not but i would imagine it wouldnt be cheap.

as for the PE i think i found 2 linky also this Linky 2 both from voyager. Are these the right versions? i think they are but ild liek it confirmed.

was also browsing verlindens stuff last night and came across a Stug interior somthing i would Love to add to this kit just to draw out the modeling process because i seem to be on Speed when i get going and am flying trough kits. so this is for the dragon kit but is it for my kit?Link

@Carsenault could you not ask your lhs to order a decal set from an other kit with propper markings or even print your own??

@CARSENAULT - Try Bison Decals. They have some really Cool decals & depending on what unit etc. There's a few Great sets out there !!

@SPUD - Yeah ! I too have seen th T-34 footage with th Panzer Grey ! I'm sure that's a Pretty Penny ... If they are even gonna sell it !

SPUD- that 1st. Link !! Now .. that's th set to get. I wasn't aware that Voyager had it out yet !! Cool Stuff !!! Those Fenders Rock too !! I say Go for th Verlinden Interior too !! Rock it Out Bro !!! Th Verlinden Interior ... you're gonna have to fiddle with it!! It's decent, but th fit leaves a little to be desired ! Measure Twice Cut once ! lol Th Voyager stuff Aughta' Rock !!

@ GEE - Yeah , right ! No telling how much that sold for. My Guess would be a Couple Million. I heard of one that was in not so good a shape & it sold for 1 million. I too want one !!!

I checked out the vids and the kit, this is gonna be one awesome model when done. been wanting to do one of those dug up StuG's for years now. This is a great motivator to get me to finally get a StuG.

Looking forward to the start of this.

Rob

Sweet ill get ordering stuff next week then.

and Rob ild love to see what you could do with a kit with them talents you have. im so looking forward to this now its gona be fun,

oh sweet my kit is in the post should have it by friday i hope. ;D i can drool over it while i wait for the other bits i geuss

woohoo it came bit late over the stupid bank holiday.

the instruction sheet is defo the longest one ive ever had looks like there are lotsa parts not used.

In the box there is 6 bags with 14 spurs containing Lotsa parts.

the magic tracks are neet they are color coded for each side and come with 72 cleats. any how here are some pics

IMG_0430.jpg
IMG_0431.jpg
IMG_0432.jpg
IMG_0433.jpg
IMG_0435.jpg

im itching to start it now that i have it, but me and that instruction sheet will have some man time later on the throne and i also want to get the other parts before i start

Definitely looks like you'll have your work cut out for your once you get started here

defo and thats a good thing right? .. had a look at the tracks not impressed i was hoping they would hold together so i could shape them. so im going to Order a se of these and make life easier. they are teh same ones Gary Kwan used to build an other Late stug in this months tamia Mag

atl_83.jpg

lucky modle have some of the Pe im after so i sent them a mail asking how long ild have to wait if i ordered both sets. and spure brothers have the interior im thinking of getting. its gona be a costly one but it will keep me busy :)

Those tracks are the bees knees mate! If'n you don't want 'em... ;D

They're actually really easy to use Spud, if you'd like I could make a short video showing you how it can be done so that you can shape them?

Let me know...

Ken i would love if you could do that would save me 27 euro ;D

Cool. I'll get on that tonight and have a video edited and uploaded sometime tomorrow at the very latest.

Aftermarket tracks are nice and all, but those dragon tracks are sharp and can come out just as well as anything you have to pay extra for.

8)

SPUD,

WoW ! That's a Great lookin' kit ! A man after My own Heart !! I bet this kit will go together Great. All of Dragon's STUG III's lately have been great fits !

I agree with KEN- keep those trax, especially since they have th Winter Ketten with them !! Once He gives you th 411 on these You'll Dig 'em !

I'm lookin forward to seein this lil' STUG come together.

Here's a cool site to check out, if you haven't looked at it already

- http://stugiii.com/home.html - Incase you are wondering that's a STUG III F/8 on th Home page. There were a select few of these F/8's that went to Afrika !! If you do that theme I'd shoot it in th Tunisian Green. Take a stroll through this site. Although it hasn't been updated in a while ... still very informative !!

Here's another one from Greece

cf024hg7.jpg - IIRC this one belonged to the Herman Goring Division.

Also here's is some more Cool reading on the STUG III in general - The Evolution of the STUG III/IV

- http://www.achtungpanzer.com/sturmgeschutz-iii-sturmgeschutz-iv.htm

Latest posts

Back