diy spray booth

thestickyone

i use alot of rattle can's for undercoating and the over spray is a nightmare plus it covers the whole room with a sort of dust so i nocked up my spray booth.

[attachment deleted by admin]

That looks like mine only yours is double it's size :) and has plenty of light

i used 2 6inch bathroom fans no filtration just 2 flex hoses out the window at the minute would like to change that at a later date to a trouser leg duct so the 2 fans go into one and out through one flex hose just need the time to build the 2 to 1 piece of duct .plenty of suction on the fan's work's quite well overall cost was about £45 give or take a few quid

I like it, looks great.

I have to say though that you'll need to add filters over the vents. If you don't they'll soon cake up with paint. I have made one similar and got slack on changing/adding filters and mine quickly got all caked up.

Something as simple as an easy 2 stage filter. First use a thick (3/4"??) furnace filter directly in front of the fan and then a second filter in front of that. The second one can be another furnace filter type of thing...but thinner, more like cloth. They sell them both at hardware stores.

Latest posts

Back