Foamboard spray booth

cargoman5126

Anything in scale I'm into it...
While off today decided to make a spraybooth from foam board 1st and will use this until I have the materials to make a permanent one of a stronger material..For now it will be a side vent style with a 175 CFM fan.
pu5010800x600_zps0e4e19ac.jpg
pu5009800x600_zps21ffe56a.jpg

I'll be looking in on this one, thinking of a custom booth in new place and off the shelf units are crazy expensive to get shipped down under, if you can find ones that won't release the blue smoke of death at 240v.

What sort of fan are you going to be using? Any lighting planned?

Thanx, in regards to your question, for the time being I'll be using a small floor fan with some of the frame cut away to fit. on low it's about 175 cfm to high is about 300 cfm..
It's a lot easier and cheaper to try out designs and sizes in foamboard than 32 dollars for 1 sheet of ply VS 1 dollar for a sheet of foamboard. Once I've figured out what I need and the venting system, (most likely a downdraft system) then I'll build it in plywood. Allready I've found that the depth is fine but the width is to small and the height is not to bad. i'm spraying about a foot below eye level.

Latest posts

Back