diy spray booth

thestickyone

i use alot of rattle can's for undercoating and the over spray is a nightmare plus it covers the whole room with a sort of dust so i nocked up my spray booth.

[attachment deleted by admin]

That looks like mine only yours is double it's size :) and has plenty of light

i used 2 6inch bathroom fans no filtration just 2 flex hoses out the window at the minute would like to change that at a later date to a trouser leg duct so the 2 fans go into one and out through one flex hose just need the time to build the 2 to 1 piece of duct .plenty of suction on the fan's work's quite well overall cost was about £45 give or take a few quid

I like it, looks great.

I have to say though that you'll need to add filters over the vents. If you don't they'll soon cake up with paint. I have made one similar and got slack on changing/adding filters and mine quickly got all caked up.

Something as simple as an easy 2 stage filter. First use a thick (3/4"??) furnace filter directly in front of the fan and then a second filter in front of that. The second one can be another furnace filter type of thing...but thinner, more like cloth. They sell them both at hardware stores.

Back