D-Day collective build?

I am working on a diorama for the french hedgerows that were fought in right after the d-day landings. Would that work? I imagine you guys are looking for strict D-day stuff only? My diorama probably would have taken place a few weeks after. If not no worries!

I am working on a diorama for the french hedgerows that were fought in right after the d-day landings. Would that work? I imagine you guys are looking for strict D-day stuff only? My diorama probably would have taken place a few weeks after. If not no worries!
The group builds are a no hassle, build what you like as long as it's connected with the subject. It's really up to you. Pantherman

First coat of paint for the crew with weird long hands !!!! Pantherman

View attachment 114782
Wasn't happy with the crew colours so I have started their new makeover.

Also decided to scratch build a couple of figures to add a bit of action to the diorama. Ranger trying to save a colleague in the water. Most of their amputated part's went back together with a little cutting and filler.
Pantherman
20240316_160104.jpg20240316_160214.jpg20240316_160227.jpg

Wasn't happy with the crew colours so I have started their new makeover.

Also decided to scratch build a couple of figures to add a bit of action to the diorama. Ranger trying to save a colleague in the water. Most of their amputated part's went back together with a little cutting and filler.
Pantherman
View attachment 115098View attachment 115099View attachment 115100
Got the decals on the boat and did a little more with the water splash on the hull, just need to touch in the details when I'm done weathering the boat.

Think I'm having a bad weekend as the figures just look awful . Any suggestions welcome. I just can't get the eyes right.

The crew uniform is supposed to be done but just not sure. The rangers uniform is just base coated so hopefully they will finish up ok. The ranger in the water just looks wrong so a little help please. Pantherman
20240317_113220.jpg20240317_112935.jpg20240317_112948.jpg20240317_113005.jpg

20240317_113220.jpg

Got the decals on the boat and did a little more with the water splash on the hull, just need to touch in the details when I'm done weathering the boat.

Think I'm having a bad weekend as the figures just look awful . Any suggestions welcome. I just can't get the eyes right.

The crew uniform is supposed to be done but just not sure. The rangers uniform is just base coated so hopefully they will finish up ok. The ranger in the water just looks wrong so a little help please. Pantherman
View attachment 115115View attachment 115116View attachment 115117View attachment 115118

View attachment 115114
Don't worry P.M., you'll get there. Looking good!!

View attachment 115115View attachment 115116View attachment 115117View attachment 115118

View attachment 115114
I think it look great. If I was to change anything it would maybe be the figure in the water. I would alter his positioning a little. Make him more vertical and lower in the water

Actually, if you're striving for realism, you should take those 2 figures out. The boats all had orders not to rescue anyone in the water on D-Day - many more might have been lost if they lost their momentum.

Actually, if you're striving for realism, you should take those 2 figures out. The boats all had orders not to rescue anyone in the water on D-Day - many more might have been lost if they lost their momentum.
True, think I will wait until all the figures are done and positioned before I decide if they are needed. Thanks. Pantherman

True, think I will wait until all the figures are done and positioned before I decide if they are needed. Thanks. Pantherman
Possibly reverse the cut on the angle he's leaning, reshape to lean forward and put an M1 in his hands, like he's wading out of the water.

Latest posts

Back