Couple up in the air...

Jeeves

Got a couple weeks before summer break is over and I currently have 6 builds going on-- the Priest and Gato are pretty much ready to be done ;) I am doing some GBs at Modeler's Alliance-- a Dewoitine D.520 for a Blitzkrieg build:
Models_005.jpg
08-17-11_015.jpg
08-17-11_014.jpg

Gonna start the tricolor camo process soon...

I am also doing an AM SBD-4 for a Operation Torch build...this is my first experience with the Vallejo Air paints and I do so love them. Go on nice and smooth with no issues-- easy cleanup...although their Interior Green might be a touch dark? No worries as it'll be inside the cockpit anyways...
08-17-11_016.jpg

Gonna start detail painting the inside next...

Guess that's it for now!

Oh trust me I know, my wife is a teacher and every morning I am so jealous that she gets to sleep in. Enjoy the rest of your vacation most people dont realize how much work teachers put in the other 9 months of the year.

6 builds eh? That's just crazyness :)

Good luck on them, looking forward to seeing them finished !!

Thanks guys!

Well...two are in their final stages...

I have Dragon's M7 Priest and a Trumpy Gato in final weathering, the two planes here, a Tamiya Lanc I plod along with here and there, and a Tamiya Matilda about to get paint on!

Waiting for some Vallejo paints to come in the mail, so in the meantime- got most on the SBD's side panel detail painting done...a couple swipes with some wash and I can start closing things up...
08-20-11_009.jpg

Thanks everyone!!

Here's updates on these two...

First up...the Vallejo and Lifecolor paints caused me fits with exact color matches for the D.520...had to dull things down with some mist coats of Tamiya Buff...still not perfect, but I did want a colorful scheme ;). As usual, the Tamiya decals turned out to be shite...gonna have to touch up with paint...

100_6942.jpg
100_6941.jpg
100_6940.jpg

And some fit issues on the SBD...most notably at the wing roots...
100_6939.jpg
100_6938.jpg

Thanks for looking!

The 520 looks good. Always liked those lines. :D

What SBD kit is that? I have the AM -1, -3, and -5 in the stash.

This is a special release...basically a -3 but with extra parts and decals to make an Operation Torch SBD-4 which is what I am doing...

Cool looking camo on the 520 Jeeves. Looking forward to the SBD.

Those SBD seams aren't looking good at all. Nasty fit there.

The other one turned out nicely

Thanks for looking and commenting...has been fun!!

Quaralane...a little Tenax persuasion seems to be working...

If you haven't attached the wings to the SBD yet, here's a suggestion, to eliminate the seams at the wing root: Try gluing the upper wing pieces directly to the wing root, then attach the lower wing piece. I use that method, it works out pretty well.

When I don't use that method, and I have seams on the upper surface, I use Squadron white putty, thinned with acetone, applied with a cotton swab. It reduces the amount of cleanup required, once the putty cures.

Latest posts

Back