COMPLETE - Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Re: Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

The truck has some beautiful detail Scott. The figures are really going to set the truck off!

Great video ;D

Scott , dude this is gunna be sweeet buddy. That truck is spot on man, the overall look is just perfect, not to heavy but enough to show insurgent abuse. ? ;D

Can't wait to see it with all the figures, refresh my memory, you say you got a base already in mind, got any pix?

Or are you gunna keep us waiting

Gag

Thanks guys! I'm loving this build. Just might have to get the other MENG pickup sometime.

Base. I have the idea. Streets of Tripoli. Guys peeking around the corner of a wall. Graffiti on the walls. Small and simple.

Haven't started it yet though. Gonna make it out of high density foam.

Hey Scott that thing is looking really sweet!!! You should def do another Meng truck. If you do another one it could be a burn out truck, maybe a anti aircraft gun or something in the back of it.

Looking sweet Scott,
Loving all the little details your adding they really bring it to life.
Gonna look an awesome vignette

Nice job, Scott. You definitely have it looking like a third world "hoopty". Good paint job
on the Insurgent. Can't wait to see the finished scene. Bill

Thanks guys!

+++

Over the past day or so I've been base painting most of the stowage, guns etc... The back rack is now attached as are the mud flaps, interior debris/garbage, PE for the tail gate etc...

Here are some pics, stuff just piled up for these photos. Time to turn my attention to the groundwork / base. Once that's built and painted I'll weather everything last. I'm only going to use the two figures pictured. The other guys are simply to static when compared to these guys. Also, all of this stowage 'stuff' might not make the final cut...we'll see.

3815.jpg
3816.jpg
3817.jpg
3818.jpg

Dude!!! That this is SOOOO ugly!!! and by ugly I mean so freaking sweet!!! Very very nice job!

LOL...Awesome Scott!!!! Love it cluttered!!!! Here kitty kitty!!!! ;D

Excellent looking stuff, Scott.
Looking pretty authentic there

Scott, really nice job with this dude! Weathered to perfection and nice job with the interior.

Looking forward to seeing the base complete! Cool stuff. 8)

Thanks a million guys! I can't seem to stop...gotta take a break and spend time with my family!

+++

Thank you gentlemen. Much appreciated.

+++

Trying to work out the base. Think streets of Tripoli. The base is 6"x9". Wall scales to 8' tall. Knee wall scales to 3'. Sidewalk, curb, 'pillars'.

Here are some pics. Just starting into this and I'll take all the advice I can get. Comments, critique, whatever. Not sure yet about this. Thanks!

3819.jpg
3820.jpg
3821.jpg
3822.jpg

every time I check this thread the build looks better and better!!! great job!!!

Beautiful work on the truck Scott , ............ this new dimension for the base is making it even bettererer ...... I mean cool !!!

Latest posts

Back