COMPLETE - Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Re: Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

As others have said, this just keeps getting better and better! Textures of the pavement and the road especially look good.

Scott, this thing looks insane!!! Nice job! I'm looking forward to seeing that RPG too!

Thanks guys! Hopefully make more progess on this later tonight.

Not sure how I'll position that RPG in the figures hands...might need modifying.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the hand position on the figure if it would be conducive to mounting an RPG on him, even if he is just taking a look and it is pointing more towards the ground as he takes a look, but ideally if it was pointing down the street he is looking down would be even better.

Super work Scott ....Just super :)

Chris.

Thanks Chris!

Yeah, looked at that tonight. Having it strapped over his back might be my only option really. Awkward pose to be holding an RPG.

I was thinking sort of a relaxed pose/grip over a shoulder, but looking back at the crouched figure, I don't think that will work.

My opinion....

One of 2 ways.

Under his hand that is on the ground (like he is leaning on it), or, in his right hand, but the hand not on the firing grip, but just around the tube, and then under his arm, instead of over the shoulder. Just sort of a peeking around the corner to see what is there...taking a look at the target before getting ready to shoot sort of thing.

Strapped to his back....likely not if they just jumped out of the truck....would be no point to it, but leaning on it, or just holding it in the other hand before getting it ready to shoot, would be more plausible I think.

Tried under his hand and the ground, doesn't look natural either.

Hmmm....

What about this? Sure, the dude is static, a hurried pose would be much better. He does fill that sidewalk space well though. As if he's waiting for the 'GO'.

3873.jpg

3874.jpg

My GF just walked past and said over my shoulder "thats good innit". Believe me Scott thats as good as at gets. lol

LOL. COol.

So that dude? Would he even carry the RPG like that? I mean, would the grenade fall out or is it 'locked' in?

LOL...I would think that if the dude had an RPG to begin with, he could carry it anyway he wants to!!! LOL!!! Must lock in somehow...good question!!!

BTW....looking sweet!! "filled the space" well!!! ;)

Yeah, that works!

No, the rocket locks in, good thing too, you should see some of the videos of the Afghan army training with them....some funny stuff!

That looks like a good set up Scott ....go with it ;)

Chris.

Good one Gag

+++

Another quick update. I've added glass to the windows, attached the doors and roof rack, added a few bullets holes to
the rear passenger door and put plastic in that window, with some thin masking 'duct' tape to represent a fix after the window was shot out. For the window I used the plastic from a SUBWAY (Eat Fresh) bag.

3877.jpg

3878.jpg

Almost, almost finished. Anxious to finish too.

scott that is a really neat idea this is an awsome and fun build. almost there now!!

Looking stupendous Scott!! Plastic on the window is a key piece brotha'!! All these small detail...the paint, plastic, rack, bar, base work...on and on...this is what makes up an outstanding project!! Been completely enjoyable to follow along on this one!! Thanks!!

Looking sweet, Scott. The spacing of the figures looks good, lends a sense of "Tension" to the scene.
The groundwork is superb. Maybe a little litter and detritus laying around might help. The finishing
touches to the Insurgent Hoopty look terrific. Almost done, Congrats. Bill

Latest posts

Back