COMPLETE - Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Re: Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Wow nice job mate! This will get done by the time the contest starts at this rate!

Can't wait to see some paint on this thing Boss Man, that little bit of re-bar/paper clip showing is perfect.

Nice job man. ;D

The Gaganator

Thats looking real sweet Scott .Its really going to come to life with some paint ...cant wait to see it :)

Chris.

Scott I know I'm behind on the posts here but that textured effect on the building rocks. Just so very cool.

Thank you guys! I really appreciate it.

+++

Paint. Started with a preshade and then got right too it. Mostly all airbrush, except the road. I still have to do alot of sponging to do, to get some variation happening. And then weathering of course - chipping the curb etc...

Feel free to offer suggestions and ideas...it's only paint.

3850.jpg

3851.jpg

3852.jpg

3853.jpg

3854.jpg

3855.jpg

Oh yesss !! Great start to the paint Scott , colours look good too .

Chris.

Thanks guys! Still lots of detail to add.

My only concern is the base color I've painted the sidewalk...a bit brown maybe. Should be grey, shouldn't it?

I would lighten it a bit, or made go with a cement/concrete color and use plenty of dust pigs because it is a dusty part of the world

You could AB some grey tones in to it ,then as Spud says there wil be plenty of dust ,debris & litter ...it'll look swell :)

Chris.

If you bring this EXPERIENCE in your Hoth Battle Diorama and Multi Scale Echo Base.... we are up for a Treat !!!

keep up the good work ! Your skill sets have Exploded....

You can leave the house now... All grown up !!! Time just fly !!! LOL

Awesome work my friend !!!

Hi Scott,

looking very good now with a coat of paint on, really like the parvements with the splash of colour.I would agree with Spud, that a good coating of dust pigments would really bring it all togehter

great work

shane

Hi guys. Thanks for the comments!

In the middle of a bathroom renovation here at home...not much bench time this weekend. Looking to have this build wrapped up next week.

Here's an update.

Decals are on, lots of sponging etc...basically the acrylic painting is complete. Next up - seal with matte and then break out the AK Products for washes, filters, dust, dirt etc...

3859.jpg

3860.jpg

3861.jpg

3862.jpg

3863.jpg

Amazing progress Scott! Base work is really sweet! 8)

Thanks T!

One last quick update for the evening. I sealed the base in Vallejo Matte Varnish and then added a coating of AK Wash for Nato Camo (AK 075). I then grabbed some White Spirit and pulled some of that dark wash off.

3867.jpg

Looks better and better every time you put an update :)

Latest posts

Back