CA glue and cost

J

Just Mike

at AC Moore, a craft retailer in the US, a small yellow container of CA with the red cap. It's found in the slot cars section. Anyway, AC Moor has it for a few bucks. I'm not sure of the exact price right now but it was in the neighborhood of $4. No kidding. I was shocked because they sell two packs at the dollar store of the same glue! At dollar stores, they sell everything for a dollar.

Just Mike said:
at AC Moore, a craft retailer in the US, a small yellow container of CA with the red cap. It's found in the slot cars section. Anyway, AC Moor has it for a few bucks. I'm not sure of the exact price right now but it was in the neighborhood of $4. No kidding. I was shocked because they sell two packs at the dollar store of the same glue! At dollar stores, they sell everything for a dollar.

four bucks, dude i would not pay for that! i use plain Testers cement in a tube for my models, it doesn't cost near as much as that. but thats a very basic adhesive for modeling, most everyone i know uses the Tamiya cement.

Gorilla CA FTW! Rubber impregnated, doesn't crumble over time like reg super glue. 15g bottle around $3-$4. Good stuff. I use it on my resin models. Stays workable for a short time... enough to get things lined up, then it grabs and does not let go.

"Like - for - like" at the better price is fair enough, although in some cases you definitely get what you pay for to be honest... not all glues are the same!

(this as an impartial comment from someone with a Masters Degree with Honours in Materials Engineering who works in Aerospace)

What I will add - I've noticed that products marketed towards scale models, trains or whatever can carry a premium if you're not careful, ofter just repackaged in smaller quantities ::)

Latest posts

Back