Ca glue activator

CY343491

Hi,
There are some adhesive kits, they sell ca with aerosol can (activator). These cans are very small sized, i've tried different branded activators with different branded and also different types like liquid and gel ca glues, and it all worked out, i think all those activator sprays are universal. When i sprayed it to my skin it feels like it's the refrigerant spray which sportsman use, is that true? Anyone know what's in it?

CY use an activator before gluing.

Been using for years a pre-activator

The unit has a fibre tip. Rub the fibre tip on the part which you will not be
receiving C/A. Apply CA to the other part.

Place together & in seconds you have a good partial cure.

Laurie

1689406477529.png

CY use an activator before gluing.

Been using for years a pre-activator

The unit has a fibre tip. Rub the fibre tip on the part which you will not be
receiving C/A. Apply CA to the other part.

Place together & in seconds you have a good partial cure.

Laurie

View attachment 102748

Thanks,
I'm talking about these kind of sets
41r8a-XmkLL._AC_[1].jpg

We use that type of set for gluing mitre's on small frames and pelmets in my trade as a carpenter. Works well on mdf but not sure about plastic or resin. Pantherman
I also use it on MDF, but i've seen that spray shorten curing time and strengthen bonding. I think that it will work on plastic too, i don't know but maybe that spray will leave some unwanted effects on plastic surface.

NO .
did you watch that video above ?
Yes, i've watched, he says we need H3O (i don't know whats that H2O or OH- to activate CA. I've made some research but couldn't find out, do you know what refrigerant sprays contains? I used to activate CA with baking soda but it makes mess, next time i'll solve it in water and spray.

any free radical will set off the chain reaction .
A weak one is better so you get longer polymer chains --- you don't want short polymer chains .

The accelerator sprays use a very weak nucleophile .

What refrigerant sprays are you asking about , and why ?

any free radical will set off the chain reaction .
A weak one is better so you get longer polymer chains --- you don't want short polymer chains .

The accelerator sprays use a very weak nucleophile .

What refrigerant sprays are you asking about , and why ?
I'm talking about sprays which sportsman use, i'm asking because i have a CA set with spray activator and that activator feels and smells exactly like that sportsman kind of refrigerant spray. We also use that sprays in our electronics lab.

Latest posts

Back