Battlewagon: M4A3E8 ETO

Amazing work Eric, the end of the project is coming soon.

Watching the end.

Regards

Richard

All Primed Up!

It has finally begun! ;D

I applied the primer coat and in a couple of days the pre-shading coat will be laid on. For the primer I used Tamiya's surface primer straight from the can. It went on good with the only problem being little "hairs" from the primer on the lower hull and running gear. The hairs were removed easily with an old tooth brush. I'm not sure why I didn't decant the primer and use an airbrush to then apply it, but maybe next time.

P14b.jpg

Also I continue to develop the base and will start painting and detailing it over the next couple of weeks.

P14a.jpg

P14c.jpg

I'll post an update once the pre-shade and the first coats of color have been added.
This its for just a quick post to show I'm moving ahead. :D

oh cool. glad to see you have time to get back on this,

You've been quiet for a while. Been looking forward to seein some more on this build

Geegad

Looking great there!!! Making some decent progress all the way around!!! ;)

:D Hey, Eric

Good advance, ah! It had been a while since your last posting! ;)

Some doubts:

1.- The dead tree... is a resin one? If answer is affirmative, wich brand?

2.- The base is styrofoam? polyestirene? will you put that base over a definitive wooden one?

3.- Why do you screw the model to the base? model safety? If answer is affirmative... wouldn´t be the same to glue the model to the base.

Cheers, Eric, I´m waiting to see that "bang box" (I´ve learnt that expression from you ;D ) "olivedrabed" ;D

RG

Thanks Guys!

I hadn't realized how long it had been since my last update, but I have not been idle. What I've been up to over that past month was researching new and different painting, weathering and finishing techniques. It has been about 15 years since the last time I got a model to this stage and a lot has changed over the years. With being in the military then retiring and getting started in my second career, completing models has been next to impossible. But when I retired I promised myself to get back into this hobby full on...and so here I am today.

@Jelly my man here are answers to your questions;

1) Yes the all the dead tress are resin. I picked them up at a model show back in April from a man named Armand P. Bayardi. However he does not sell them directly, except at model shows and such. But there are a couple of web sites that do carry his line. Here are two; (FYSA 54mm is about 1/35 scale)

Military Miniatures Warehouse (http://www.milminwh.com/bayardi_p1.htm)
Michigan Toy Soldier Co. (http://www.michtoy.com/vendors-Armand%20Bayardi.html)

I have to say his stuff is vary, vary nice and I strongly suggest checking out this line of products.

2) The base is a Styrofoam disc that I bought at a locale craft store. The base will not be mounted into a wooden one but will be displayed more or less like it is now, of course painted and finished nicely...I hope. If you check out the picture above and the post back on Aug 14th you'll notice that the edges have been cover with Celluclay which is a paper mache. Once the edges have dried I sanded them down a bit to even them out but the end result is a ruff texture. The finial step for the base will be painting the edges. I'm currently planning on painting them a gloss black, but I may change my mind as I get further along. One more thing before I started working on the top of the base I attached a foam pad to the bottom of the base and added celluclay and then painted it gloss black, see the pic below.

X51.jpg

Here is a link to celluclay on Amazon and it can be found on ebay as well.
(http://www.amazon.com/Activa-Celluclay-Instant-Papier-1-Pound/dp/B001144SDE/ref=pd_sbs_t_5)

3) As for attaching the model to the base that is up to the individual as to what method to use. I won't be "screwing" the model to the base but using a combination of gluing and using the sprue post as shown. This is a hold over from the method I used when I first started building models back in the day (30yrs ago...man I'm getting old) The sprue post is for add support. The model will be attached to the base by using Liquitex Acrylic Texture Gel-Blended Fibes, which BTW is what I used to do the mud on this Sherman. Since this product is acrylic, paint can be added to it during the mixing step to match the ground work on the base.
And here is a link to Liquitex on Amazon. (http://www.amazon.com/Liquitex-Acrylic-Texture-Mediums-blended/dp/B000KNJG02)

I hope that was not to confusing and answered your questions, but if you have more please feel free to ask them.

The Shermi Bang-Box is well on its way to getting OD'ed. I pre-shaded it tonight in a nice Black Green and she's sitting in the drying box for the next few days. I post more here soon once the base colors have been applied.

Stay Tuned!!

E ,

I dig th Base !! Armondo does some Awesome stuff , & He's a really cool Dude to talk to ! I like everything about th Base !! Th fence looks Killa' !! I'm lookin forward to seeing this all come together !

:)
Errains, High & Clear answers, thanks !

The only thing I wouldn´t do is to paint the edges of the base in pure black color... I would use some different shades of earth-brown or so... I think that painting the edges just black would add a very "radical" contrast between the surface of the dio & "the rest of the world" (just my aesthetic opinion, man)...

I´ll keep tuned, Errains ;)
thanks again

Cheers,
RG

Its going GREEN!!!

Just a quick post with mostly pictures of the Battlewagon turning that oh so lovely shade of OD!
Comments welcomed of course, and I'll try and be better at replying ::)

Enjoy

P15a1.jpg

P15b1.jpg

P15c1.jpg

P15d1.jpg

P15e1.jpg

P15f1.jpg

P15g1.jpg

P15h1.jpg

P15i1.jpg

Looking very nice Erik!! Love you process pics too!!! Keep this rolling!!! ;)

that thing you have for holding the tank is pretty cool. what is it? and she is looking purdy

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO its going green!

Looking mighty fine. That’s some serious looking shop equipment you got there!

Yeah, looks great. The Artograph booth and Panavice are nice...

In my best zombie...must find micromark catalog...must get pana vice.

Hola / hey, Eric :)

Great OD in that model...

And great hardware the one you use... is that airbrush also a double action one ? ? ? never put my hand on a "triggered" one... does it work like the "classic" ones?

And that Pana-Vise piece ... you should see my "panavise" home concept ;D ... it is like the one you have, except that mine consists just in the wood block & the masking tape, without your "Pana - Vise" . And so on... :p

Keep on, Eric... For some time I tought that you had vanished over the Bermuda Triangle while reenacting "Flight 19" . ;D No life signal, man! ;D
Cheers, Eric ;)
RG

Latest posts

Back