Bandai "Vehicle Model" Star Destroyer

SDwatermark.jpg
SD2watermark.jpg
SD3watermark.jpg
SD4watermark.jpg

Bandai "Vehicle Model" Star Destroyer; finished in Tamiya & Vallejo acrylics, 502 Abteilung oils, and MIG Productions enamels.

I primed the model black and then gave it a coat of Tamiya Flat White darkened with a little Light Grey. After that, I cut a bunch of tiny pieces of masking tape to a simple "Aztec pattern" on the hull. Then I lightened the original base color with more white and sprayed the ship. After I pulled the tape off, I felt that the panels were a little too dark so I dusted them with the base color to tone them down a bit. I put a coat of Future on the model and when it dried, I gave the recesses a wash using 502 Abteilung Oil Faded Grey and gave some of the darker areas a wash of toned down Mig Productions Dark Wash (enamel). Once everything was dried, I'll gave it a matte coat it and pick out some small details with a brush using Vallejo Game Color Ghost Grey. The decal was lifted from the AT-ST kit.

Really nice result on this one. I like how the panel colors cross features. Implies massive battle damage repair to me.

Thanks everyone!

I can't get over how cool this little kit is. It's cheap, easy to build, and looks fantastic with minimal paint and effort. Since it's pretty tiny, it makes it the perfect size for a work desk or a bookcase.

Latest posts

Back