Bandai 1/100 Attack Tomahawk

Elm City Hobbies

Well continuing the theme of building something during the Nascar race (I got the 2 Enterprises built and the race was still going, so I continued on something else).

I dug this one out of the stash. Got this on Ebay for a measly $10.

001Tomahawk-vi.jpg

002Tomahawk-vi.jpg

003Tomahawk-vi.jpg

First time building something like this, and the plan was to build in sub-assemblies so I could clean up the seams easier. Problem is, the way the kits builds so all the joints remain movable, you really can't built in sub-assemblies, and have to build the hole thing at once, as when each successive part is put together, it usually traps the previous step between the 2 halves (and being careful not to use to much glue so the joints can't move).

In the end, it looks pretty good I think. Still have to fill and sand the seams, as well as drill out some of the gun barrels. On top of the head there was a part that sticks out that were 2 more gun barrels, and somewhere along the line I must have hit it, and they fell inside the kit (after it was all buttoned up) so it now has a rattle to it, as the part is trapped inside, and 2 big holes in it's head. So I am just going to use some Evergreen tubing to replicate those barrels, drill out the others on the waist, and I am thinking of perforating the muzzles of the main guns to give a flash suppressor look to it. My other alternative is to cut off the muzzle end (about 1cm from the end of the barrel) and replace with something a little more sinister looking. I have a barrel off of an old Tamiya Tiger, I may try it to see what it looks like, and then have to find a 2nd one somewhere.....I think I have been hanging out at the Dust website too much! LOL

Enjoy!

Looking good! That last pose is nice. Turn his waist a bit and I think you'll had a really dramatic look.

Gaahhhh, most of the ones I am looking at right now are much more than $10

Yes, too bad Bandai isn't making these anymore....wouldn't mind getting a hold of some of the other ones you have.

This kit isn't Macross though is it? Not the Macross world I know anyway.

When I took the pics, I didn't put the search light and missile packs on the shoulders, but I do have them, I am thinking of ways to amp it up a bit. Got to see if I have some Stinger missile packs or something and maybe add them to the base of the main guns.

Oh....btw....this isn't going to be your average Attack Tomahawk in case you haven't figured that out yet.

My intentions are to paint it Canadian CADPAT, and slap some black maple leaves on it. Canadian Forces Main Battle Tank of the year 2124!

it is certainly in Robotech although they were overshadowed by vertech fighters. You usually saw destroids supplementing turrets on the SDF1 dieing horribly, that was there function it seems to shoot and miss a lot and die horribly. I just want a 1/72 scale one and don't want to sell a Kidney to do it.

Elm City Hobbies said:
This kit isn't Macross though is it? Not the Macross world I know anyway.

It is. You just saw them in the background but there there a few episode where Destiods were used. If I remember (I haven't seen Robotech in over 15year now) Miriya flew one for a few episodes before she officially joined the force and got her Valkyrie.

Jeep described it the best: "You usually saw destroids supplementing turrets on the SDF1 dieing horribly"

What happen to the missile launcher and search light?

If you can't get enough Tomahawk and don't want to wait for Bandai to reissue the Imai one again, remember there's the new Wave 1:72 kit coming out this month. Expensive, but really nice quality from the looks of things...

The missile launcher pack and the search light are in the box...they wouldn't sit in their spot with out glue, and I still need to do the seams on them (and too lazy to go get the modeling clay so they would hold for a picture).

Slight chance I might not use that missile pack and replace it with something else...but we will see.

Bandai did a 1/72 as well didn't they? The chest missile packs actually opened on that one which would be nice.

Whoa.....that is obviously not the 1/100 Bandai kit. Not nearly that much detail on the chest guns on this one, not on the head mounted guns.

Actually, I don't even think the big chest guns are nearly that big on mine.

Looking good so far Elm. Wicked idea on the markings (do you have an aftermarket set or just something left over from an AFV or something?).

This thread makes me want to get one now... :)

Markings will be fairly simple as most Canadian Armor doesn't have much on them. Couple of larger black maple leaves, front and back. I may put a couple of small Canadian flags (in full color) on the shoulders....essentially as if you took a current uniform and stretched it to go over this mech. I may have to figure something out for a rank .

Now I am perplexed though.....do I go green CADPAT

220px-CadPatTW.jpg

Or the desert CADPAT like they are wearing in Afghanistan

caccs2na500a.jpg

Latest posts

Back