At this moment

At this moment I'm inputting my stash in http://myhobbyinfo.com/ wich i discovered on another member's sig block (Sry i forget who it was, it was very late :p )

This tool is so useful and easy to use if you like to be organised! And the best part is that it's FREE!!! :eek:

I am looking at 100+ emails from the weekend and thinking I should eat something before I tackle them.....

Well ive spend the last 8 days building a new patio ...and its not done yet !! still ahve at least 4 days of work left but im BURNED can even lift a plastic model kit in my hands ....

I'm running my AC full blast in my bedroom, having a Papa John's pepperoni and 3 cheese pizza with an ice cold Sam Adams Summer Ale while I watch Tora Tora Tora.
;D

Black Sheep 1 said:
I'm running my AC full blast in my bedroom, having a Papa John's pepperoni and 3 cheese pizza with an ice cold Sam Adams Summer Ale while I watch Tora Tora Tora.
;D

ATM im wrapping up warm with the heater on high wondering how much snow will be on the hills tomorrow morning while catching up on my youtube subscriptions.

p.s. I hate almost everything about winter besides the reasons it gives me to snuggle up to the workbench.

Drpepeprz said:
At this moment I'm inputting my stash in http://myhobbyinfo.com/ wich i discovered on another member's sig block (Sry i forget who it was, it was very late :p )

This tool is so useful and easy to use if you like to be organised! And the best part is that it's FREE!!! :eek:

Thanks for this D, Iam a using it myself. Cool way too keep track of things ;D

Hobby Info is dead handy. its run by Bill Plunk who i think is a member here. he is also a fantastic builder and has his own forum for his own builds. its handy for us armor builders.
http://www.bpmodels.net/

At this moment Im trying to determine if I should build a Academy 1/72 P40D, 1/72 Airfix P-51D Mustang,or a 1/35 Trumpeter Hotchkiss 35H for my next build. Any thoughts from ya all ?

All nice subjects there hooter, I built the Academy P 40 with my son a while back and it came out real nice. The mustang is a sexy one too. Go with what grabs you. Armor is a little more forgiving in terms of finish because you can get away with a lot more mistakes and put it down to weathering :D

Quaralane said:
Trying to figure out how to get a new computer without breaking the bank completely
You should talk to Grendels, he can advise you on that.

If you want a desktop, I still believe it's cheaper to build your own machine, to get what you want or need. Having build a dozen or so machines over the years.

Jim

Depends what you will be doing with the machine, the off the shelf units are a good price and can pretty much anything you need unless you are into serious gaming or things like cad or video editing.

Papermodder said:
If you want a desktop, I still believe it's cheaper to build your own machine, to get what you want or need. Having build a dozen or so machines over the years.

Jim
That used to be true around me, Jim, but all of the small parts suppliers have closed down.
Luckily, there's a shop that will build it up and warranty it.

Used to build my own, too

Watching the final ashes test ( cricket ). The Aussies of to another dismal start ???. We've been well and truly outplayed the whole series. Lets hope we can turn it around this summer in Australia .

Quaralane said:
Papermodder said:

Jim
That used to be true around me, Jim, but all of the small parts suppliers have closed down.
Luckily, there's a shop that will build it up and warranty it.

Used to build my own, too

These days it is only cheaper to build your own if you are going high end. Take some time to look around, you can get a low end computer for$350 to $400 easily. It won't do much more than internet and document editing. Not enough memory, or processor speed.

And you will have windows 8 on it........

If you want higher end, and don't mind building it yourself, then you can save money. Check out sites like

and amazon of all places.......

Also if you don't like windows, you can use Linux and save the $$$$$ that windows cost. A proper copy of windows can add $200 to the price of a home built computer. Which kind of sucks since HP will pay $30 for the same copy......

Just got home from work. Its about 1:20 AM. Time to relax, make some dinner, and sand some parts 8)

I'm waiting for my new PC to show up at the office. My IT friends will help transfer the data from my dead tower to the new, and I can get back to posting!

Latest posts

Back