At this moment

Black Sheep 1 said:
Well I'm sitting here watching Monday Night Raw!
and working on m Gundam.
Got no one to spend New Year's with so......

Get a dog man, best decision I ever made.

Just brought in the New Years with my wife, and a couple that are some of our better friends. Getting ready to head down to the Man cave and do a bit of work on the M113 Tank Im building. Bring the new year in right :D Happy New Years to all.

Just finished up doing some progress work on the Buffalo after seeing the Hobbit.....almost time to sleep!

Reorganizing the man cave so i can use all 7ft of my desk :D. Ive varnished the other side of the desk now to try and keep it so i can clean it with out the wood soaking up the dirt, it will be done tomorrow

Worked on the Leo today for a bit. It's going slow, but it's still progressing.

Looked at my mug in the mirror today. Going to have to break out the chain saw to hack through my beard before I go back to work on Monday.

It's gonna hurt.

Regards

Trying to figure out something half tempting to eat, and eye balling my work table with my Post Apocalypse w.i.p. on it.

ohh happy days those were for me then i learnt to Drive....

2:20AM Man cave upgrade or reshuffle complete for now..... pics tomorrow once i clean my pc desk as its like a bomb site

Planning on dropping 10-15lbs by spring. And Scott I just completed that X-Wing fighter build from the SSM group build we were in. You remember, the Pro Shop version. I'm waiting on a mini tri-pod to come in to use as a stand and when it does I'll post pics. Glory days!

Me, I'm plugging slowly away at the Odysseus build while also trying to work though a backlog of Poser work I want to get done

Grendels said:
About to go on a 5 mile bike ride, followed by a one mile run......

Thats about four and three quarters more then I could make it and about three quarters of a mile farther then I could run before I needed to stop and get some oxygen ha ha ha :D. Im so out of shape these days and about fourty lbs over weight then I should be. Always wish I could do all that stuff but I have a current heart problem. I have the will to do it but the ole heart says NO lol. Wish I could get over that and get the ambition to shed the pounds and have the ability to be able to ride and run like that. Any suggestions on beating this heart condition ha ha ha. I thought about attempting P90X but dont know if the budget will allow me to do so with all the special foods you have to purchase to successfully complete a program of such nature.

At a wedding I have no interest in being at.... I would rather be tortured by the Gestapo. :(

hooterville75 said:
Grendels said:

Thats about four and three quarters more then I could make it and about three quarters of a mile farther then I could run before I needed to stop and get some oxygen ha ha ha :D. Im so out of shape these days and about fourty lbs over weight then I should be. Always wish I could do all that stuff but I have a current heart problem. I have the will to do it but the ole heart says NO lol. Wish I could get over that and get the ambition to shed the pounds and have the ability to be able to ride and run like that. Any suggestions on beating this heart condition ha ha ha. I thought about attempting P90X but dont know if the budget will allow me to do so with all the special foods you have to purchase to successfully complete a program of such nature.

I started off slow. First the bike ride. It was not too taxing on the old heart, and I slowly built up the distance and the speed. When I started off 5 years ago, I could barely finish the five miles and it took a half hour to do. Now it takes about 12 minutes.

I started the run about two years ago. It was at first a fast walk, and now it is close to a fun run. It just takes time and patience at our age to do these things.

One other thing, if you skip a day, it is much harder to get back to where you were the week before than it was at 20. Back then I could skip a month of running and just pick it right up again.

Grendels said:
hooterville75 said:
Grendels said:

I started off slow. First the bike ride. It was not too taxing on the old heart, and I slowly built up the distance and the speed. When I started off 5 years ago, I could barely finish the five miles and it took a half hour to do. Now it takes about 12 minutes.

I started the run about two years ago. It was at first a fast walk, and now it is close to a fun run. It just takes time and patience at our age to do these things.

One other thing, if you skip a day, it is much harder to get back to where you were the week before than it was at 20. Back then I could skip a month of running and just pick it right up again.
John you ain't kidding brother. I reveled in the fact that I was in great shape all during my 30's and the early part of my 40's. The last two years are slamming me.

The last week is slamming me, I spent time in El Paso with the wife's family. No possibility of exercising. I actually hurt from yesterdays workout.

Grendels said:
The last week is slamming me, I spent time in El Paso with the wife's family. No possibility of exercising. I actually hurt from yesterdays workout.

Where in El Paso?
I used to live there before I moved to NY for my job with Homeland Security.

I lived by the Airport, close to the Nasa Flight Training Center.

At the father in laws place, lunchtime and I'm already bored senseless.
Very small town with nothing to do and nearest hobby shops are a hours drive, but as its Sunday most are closed. Dinner tonight w the step-in laws who I have nothing in common with so that will b fun :-/

Here till tomorrow morning then a 5 hour drive home to the bench.

Should have brought WIP with me, thankfully there is the sma forum to fill in a couple of hours, then it's onto magazines on iPad then

Ummmm

Suggestions welcome :)

Black Sheep 1 said:
Grendels said:

Where in El Paso?
I used to live there before I moved to NY for my job with Homeland Security.

I lived by the Airport, close to the Nasa Flight Training Center.

Our hotel was about a half mile from the airport. I don't know the exact address of where we stayed. But it was on Gateway. There was a mall across the street that had a Target in it. The wife would know better since she grew up there.

Latest posts

Back