At this moment

Nursing a migraine that could slay a walrus, debating on finishing the weathering on the Blackhawk or eating and going right to sleep :-[

Tbadger, when I get a Migraine, there is no debating what I want to do, my brain determines that for me as I need to go lay my skull in my traction machine and let it do its thing ha ha. Migraines are no joke.

eating and going to sleep aint good for you. just hit the hay and try and sleep it off ;)

At this moment I am waiting for a class of 50+ students to show up to teach them calculus.....

Flying around Eve by my lonesome looking for someone to kill.:) and not having much luck :(
20121208033918.jpg

Studying 30 chapters for one of my finals...
mlfw1294_twiprecious.gif

Grendels said:
calculus.....

This was the bane of my existence from 2004-2007. Calc I-II-III / Differential Equations/ Physical Chemistry can jump into a volcano!

Waiting for my Saturday morning coffee to brew. I'm going to take a little time to model this morning; maybe finally paint the canopy of my Airfix BF 109E. Then later I have a pile of marking for my manufacturing class to finish up. :p

Elm City Hobbies said:
teach them calculus.....

What is there to say but.............
GROSS!!!

LOL

LOL! But it does pay the bills. Keep in mind I own the school, so those students are paying me to be there.

Up today is 6 hours of Statistics, then 3 hours of calculus again, followed by 3 hours of Econometrics.

The 6 hours of statistics is Linear regression

If you want fun, look up econometrics. The Econ majors absolutely hate that subject. It is a mixture of Statistics, Econ and calculus.

Feeling Very sick after reading Johns post..... :-X :p was never one for math in school, I refused to learn algebra because wtf in life needs stupid math like that..... noting i would have ever been interested in doing thats for sure :D and i was Right Laying Tiles never needed it :)

Alot of math I did for Electronics Engineering (sadly forgotten most of it) was a head burster, but Calculus took the cake.

Crazy part of it was, the field I wanted to go into.....you would never ever use it, but you still had to take it.

Calculus I....wasn't so bad, still beat my head against the walls to get the info in....but once you got on to the harder stuff, I was lost. And I had a really awesome math teacher that would sit down 1 on 1 with you on his personal time and try and dumb it down as much as you can....just never got it.

Give me Physics, statics (which is basically non-motion physics), electronic theory, and I could wrap my head around it.

However I am more of a doer, much rather get my hands on it, trial and error, and figure it out...the light bulb clicks on, etc, etc, than read the theory in a book, fortunately or unfortunately, just how my brain is wired I guess.

No different than learning a new technique for modeling. I can read about it, look at pretty pictures in a book, and some of it sticks, or I can watch a video, or in person of someone doing the technique and pick up alot more info.

I've had a year of calculus and semesters of linear algebra/differential equations, discrete math, and statistics. I enjoyed calculus and dif. eq. Statistics was the last one I took and it was so boring.

Well after fixing a tiny water leek on the toilet this week i just went to the basement to realize the ceiling caved in and that i have to remove part of the floor to let it dry ...... im gona go cry now

Neo said:
Well after fixing a tiny water leek on the toilet this week i just went to the basement to realize the ceiling caved in and that i have to remove part of the floor to let it dry ...... im gona go cry now

Sorry to hear that......

Currently unpacking my kit from the last course I was on. Just got qualified Tank Troop Commander on Friday.

Next is to get the lights up, change the oil in the snow blower and pull the battery out of the lawn mower.

Hopefully, sometime this week, I'll be getting back to the bench and carrying on with the Leo2A6(M) build.

Mind you this week is "Silly Week" consisting of the Men's Christmas Dinner, the Snr NCOs hosting the at home to the Officers, hockey games and sports day....then on leave for three weeks.

Can't wait!

Regards

I am at work.

Here's what I'm making,

My machine at work

It's called an Alignment waffer, it's made out of a resin material called Ultem 1000.
My job is to drill 79, 0.030" (0.762 mm) holes in the 0.037" (0.9398 mm) thick pre-turned disc.
The disc is first center drilled using a 60 degree carbide engraving tool, then comes a #68 solid carbide drill which is running at 9000rpm with a feed rate of 12" per minute.
When the machine cycle is finished i have to de-burr the back of the holes by hand.
Each part takes the machine approximately 7 mins.

Gag

Just woke up from a nap, feeling a bit punchy, need some go juice, going to start primering my SD Zaku and just dug out my AV-8 Harrier Egg Plane that has been waiting for primer for a few months now. Primer is the word of the night...

Latest posts

Back