At St "Chicken Walker"

Thank you CT.

Keith.....I think your probably right. "Something" definitely belong there. It seems as if they either got lazy and just said..Eff it..or it was a design error. That gap/missing piece screams for attention. I just finished filling all the gaps and seams..added the hoses ( albeit toned down ;D ) and now she's ready for some primer. I'm hoping I got all the seams but we all know....Those gremlins have a way of making themselves seen once the base coat is laid down....crossing fingers!

Have a great weekend!

This kist one of my all time favorite builds... sure it's a snap together but it's deviously bad fitting all over the place. You end doing more repair work on seams then anything else. I've thought of putting another one of these together but I think the next time I do I'm gonna change the legs up a bit. I hated the fact that they were molded in one position. Would have been nice to change them up a bit. I did open the eye flaps thou! :) You're doing an awesome job on this bro... can't wait to see what else you throw into it.

LrdSatyr8 said:
This kist one of my all time favorite builds... sure it's a snap together but it's deviously bad fitting all over the place. You end doing more repair work on seams then anything else. I've thought of putting another one of these together but I think the next time I do I'm gonna change the legs up a bit. I hated the fact that they were molded in one position. Would have been nice to change them up a bit. I did open the eye flaps thou! :) You're doing an awesome job on this bro... can't wait to see what else you throw into it.

I ended up cutting most of the "Snap pegs" off. Damn things were more of a nuisance than anything else and even then, the damn thing didn't fit right! Your right about the "repair" work. I've spent more time than I thought I would have in just putty and sanding. But she turned out to be an enjoyable build.

Now for the paint....I always stress that part! Lmao

Quote from RedDragon62
Now for the paint....I always stress that part! Lmao
[/quote]

Oh, but painting is the FUN part, especially in the Star Wars Universe!
Great work on this guy, B.T.W.
I built one of these way back in the day, when I would just build a model the way it came out of the box!
I want to do another one of these, and the snow speeder, oh and the a.t.a.t....oh and the Darth Vader's TIE Fighter......etc etc.
;D ;D ;D

Well....The paint is done. Now to figure out how to weather her up....

1017292_10200203372070221_1545889452_n.jpg

1069347_10200203370750188_1338356681_n.jpg

998354_10200203367110097_1066999023_n.jpg

RedDragon62 said:
LrdSatyr8 said:

I ended up cutting most of the "Snap pegs" off. darn things were more of a nuisance than anything else and even then, the darn thing didn't fit right! Your right about the "repair" work. I've spent more time than I thought I would have in just putty and sanding. But she turned out to be an enjoyable build.

Good to know. What about the cab, is that fixed or do you have the option of adjusting the angle or direction? ...If you wanted it to look down, for example.

LS8: The cab only moves from left to right..side to side...but it can be made to position either way. Just some minor mods and bam!

Well........The color came out too dark, so I'll have to clean the weathering up some and repaint her a lighter shade.

1146690_10200339340789354_1105973533_n.jpg

12989_10200339344189439_736357201_n.jpg

Going to have to redo the weathering also. But that may be a blessing...I didn't like the way it was coming along anyway...

17763_10200339344469446_31256898_n.jpg

934674_10200339344829455_946871619_n.jpg

541708_10200339345149463_2088305835_n.jpg

560048_10200339345349468_1183715808_n.jpg

1150192_10200339346349493_2111509724_n.jpg

563026_10200339347029510_1698333454_n.jpg

So the adventure continues.

I need to build one someday...have a couple in the stash. Don't give up on her - not that I think you will - that color is freakin tricky to get right. I think you did a good job but I do see what you mean about too dark. Those washes will do it every time.

Start light...it's easy to get darker if needed.

Scott Girvan said:
I need to build one someday...have a couple in the stash. Don't give up on her - not that I think you will - that color is freakin tricky to get right. I think you did a good job but I do see what you mean about too dark. Those washes will do it every time.

Start light...it's easy to get darker if needed.

Thanks Scott....I do believe the washes are what did me in. Lesson learned!

Not sure if you sprayed a clear prior to the washes but it will help, either gloss or satin first. If it's flat the paint has so much tooth that the washes will really bite and are hard to blend back.

It's looking good though...keep at it.

Scott Girvan said:
Not sure if you sprayed a clear prior to the washes but it will help, either gloss or satin first. If it's flat the paint has so much tooth that the washes will really bite and are hard to blend back.

It's looking good though...keep at it.

She had three coats of "Future" before the weathering. Most of it has come off. there are some areas that you can still see a tad bit...The actual paint I mixed was also a smidge too dark. It looked great on the spoon but after spraying the kit...and the goofy lighting I had in my cave didn't help matters, I realized I got my mix wrong....Been playing with a few recipes since and I "think" I got it now....a few spoons and some evergreen sheets should confirm...lol.

Right. Yeah the lighting you judge under is critical. Get your tests out in the sun to be sure. I had a heck of a time with
AT-ATs in the past. Hard to get it just right...not sure I ever did really.

I think I used Tamiya Sky Grey with a drop of white...not 100% sure. Got a wee bit of a blue tint...but I'm kinda color blind so...

Scott Girvan said:
Right. Yeah the lighting you judge under is critical. Get your tests out in the sun to be sure. I had a heck of a time with
AT-ATs in the past. Hard to get it just right...not sure I ever did really.

I think I used Tamiya Sky Grey with a drop of white...not 100% sure. Got a wee bit of a blue tint...but I'm kinda color blind so...

I think were I went wrong was I added too much "blue" to the mix. I am also now using the Tamiya Sky Blue, a squish of white and a very very small drop of the blue this time around.

Latest posts

Back