At St "Chicken Walker"

RedDragon62

Just trying to build a decent model
Well...Now that I've completed The Fokker DR1, I think it's time to tackle this little beauty...

1459_10200134652032263_1781351134_n.jpg

I realize it isn't "Movie Accurate." But.....Model building for me is fun so I think the guns will stay. :)

1005170_10200134173260294_745329179_n.jpg

And here she is dry fitted. She still needs alot of work. Railing...Armor...wires and tubing...Bondo work and sanding and of course..paint. I added another "gun" to the cheek cluster. May add another. don't know yet.

Anyway...Thanks for looking at my build and any tips..hints..are always welcome.

Nite all.......

1017572_10200134447107140_1888885994_n.jpg

Grendels said:
I am happy you are not going movie accurate. Just build it up for fun!

I "know" a lot of folks that do that but for me...The joy is in building the kit. Learning from others, new techniques. and enjoying the process. I love watching a kit come to life and I dig folks that allow their personality ( their creative juices so to speak ) dictate the build.

Besides, for someone like me on disability...I can't afford all the add-ons and I'd rather spend what little I do have picking up discounted kits for the kids I mentor.

Don't get me wrong brother....I also love the "Movie accurate" Builds but for a "newbie" like me...The fun is in the build and not stressing the photo accurate details....

BTW.....Love your channel brother Grendals. Learned a thing or two watching your builds.

Hey , Red ---awesome
I know John will agree --- the spirit of the build is what's most important ;D

So ., tell us -- who are these guys you mentor ?
That's definitely what we're talking 'bout ! ;)

Nice start! I have one, too, you're right about the Bondo. There are some heinous seams on that kit. Mine's built and primed, and it was going to be an exercise in weathering. I kept the chin guns but drilled them out. I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish yours.

urumomo said:
Hey , Red ---awesome
I know John will agree --- the spirit of the build is what's most important ;D

So ., tell us -- who are these guys you mentor ?
That's definitely what we're talking 'bout ! ;)

I volunteer time through a "stop the violence" organization run by a few Churches and the City of Chicago. There are three and sometimes four young men ages 12-14 that I try to be a "Big brother" to. They are from poorer families and I thought I could try to "help" some stay away from Gangs and general thuggery. Sometimes it works and sometimes the lure of the streets prove too powerful. I started doing it through the city but the funds dried up and they basically told us we were on our own. I couldn't walk away from them as I know the extreme poverty and the temptations they face...I was once one of them.

I figured model building was a way to at lest keep them from the madness that is the South Side of Chicago...at lest for a few hours.

Anyway...that's what I do. It isn't much. Don't have much to give but I do have time and a helping hand if they should need one.

the Baron said:
Nice start! I have one, too, you're right about the Bondo. There are some heinous seams on that kit. Mine's built and primed, and it was going to be an exercise in weathering. I kept the chin guns but drilled them out. I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish yours.

Yeah...the seams are dreadful Baron. I ended up cutting the snap posts thinking that would help the fit. NOT! It'll take some Bondo/Milliput/ Aves but it can be done....I think...Lmao

It isn't much. Don't have much to give but I do have time and a helping hand if they should need one
Man ,, you're giving exactly what you should !

FANTASTIC !!

Another update...

Getting every thing mapped out for this build. I did alot of research and every build I've seen so far has "drilled exhaust ports on the rear bottom half of the walker. I want to go another route. After giving it much thought....I decided on scratch building some "exhaust cans."

So this is where I am at now....cut two 1/16th pieces off of a styrene tube. I cut some grooves into one and want to add some brass screen to the back as to cover the hole I am going to drill into the actual kit.

Here it is dry fitted.....

1002393_10200139425471596_2041320776_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back