Assembly Question

TJBegin

Ok, guys, you’ve always helped me before so here’s one for you: how do I put these blasted things together. My second time doing this model (1966 Chevrolet SS 396) and the first one went rear view mirror-less because I gave up. They’re so stinking puny and It’s like mounting a pin point into a tiny hole. Any assembly technique hints?

Attachments

• IMG_6983.jpeg
    IMG_6983.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 22
I bought 10 different size tweezers from Amazon because my fat fingers have a hard time with little stuff like that also!

Stick one piece onto some tape , taped to the bench , so you only have to deal with maneuvering the tweezers .

Ok, guys, I’ll try it. Thanks again for the advice. Maybe this version of the model will have outside rear view mirrors!

A little dab of super glue and a steady hand. Be careful when using tweezers. Things can go ‘zing‘ in a hurry when you least expect it.
Oh yeah… they have a habit of disappearing into the vast nothingness.

Honestly, I would have left the attachment on the sprue and glue the mirror onto them. Makes it easier to assemble. Once dried, you can nip them off the sprue and onto the car kit.

Ok, guys, you’ve always helped me before so here’s one for you: how do I put these blasted things together. My second time doing this model (1966 Chevrolet SS 396) and the first one went rear view mirror-less because I gave up. They’re so stinking puny and It’s like mounting a pin point into a tiny hole. Any assembly technique hints?
I find this very useful, no tweezer pinging anymore. Double sided tape on a lollipop stick, fit one part to that and use the pen to place the other part. Pantherman

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230929_175419_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230929_175419_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 13
@Pantherman - I didn't see that exact one on Amazon - course since your example had the cost in pounds-sterling, that could be it. Wax tipped placement tool, usually used for placing small bits of 'bling' on home-made jewelry...correct?

@Pantherman - I didn't see that exact one on Amazon - course since your example had the cost in pounds-sterling, that could be it. Wax tipped placement tool, usually used for placing small bits of 'bling' on home-made jewelry...correct?
That's it. You can get all sorts even double ended but could never see the need for that.Pantherman

Pantherman: you’ll see I use your idea. I fold over painters tape and use it on a paint stick. Same idea and it works pretty well to hold parts, etc (I always stick parts to be spray painted on this).

OH NO!!! After patting myself on the back for getting these pesky tiny mirrors together and gluing them with super glue, I discovered they are on wrong! Aargh! Maybe I can bend them into the right shape…..or yank them off again. Nuts!

Attachments

• IMG_6988.jpeg
    IMG_6988.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back