Not a build yet, but I have a question for the car guys here.

Carsenault

I was inspired by Scott's widow Maker camaro and now have an idea for a special build of my own...

Question for the car modeling guys... Is there a 2011 American muscle car model, preferably Camaro or Challenger available? If not, is there any visual difference between a 2010 and 2011 Camaro SS?

Replied to you over on Facebook, but here goes.

Basically no, the Revell Challenger and Camaro kits represent the vehicles as you see them since they came back onto the market.

There have been a few cosmetic changes for some of the special models, like the Camaro ZL1 I think has a different motor (same as what is in the Corvette ZR-1), and some body moldings, but otherwise is the same car. So a 2013 SS, would be the same as the 2010 SS, and everything in between.

Ditto with the Challenger, some subtle differences for certain special versions, but otherwise the same car.

The only one that has changed significantly is the Mustang, and will likely change again for next year's 50th Anniversary version.

scaledale said:
Newer model muscle cars are harder to find than the '70s and '80s versions. try the reborn AMT model site at the link below. There are 2010 and 2011 (I think) Camaro's and Challengers down the page.

http://round2models.com/models/amt

Dale

Not that hard to find. Revell has both iterations of the new Mustang, as well as the Challenger and Camaro.

Round 2, has both the Challenger and Camaro, but they are curb side kits, and are just a step above a snap kit. I say only a step because they still need to be painted.

I saw that AMT 2011 Camaro SS kit on thier site, and I liked it till I realized it was curbside, Id like something a bit more challenging. And as far as the Mustang goes, I've never been a Ford fan. As the old the saying goes, Id rather push a Chev than drive a Ford. Thats leaves me with either the Revell Camaro SS and Challenger coupes. Leaning on the Camaro.

What I want to do is to build a modern muscle car to match my bass guitar. Its a 2011 Fender American Special "P" Bass. Id like the car to reflect the guitar a bit, so an American muscle car, 2011 or so model year. The color would be a candy apple red base color with satin black racing stripes and polished aluminium wheels. I was also thinking of scratch building a guitar case and small gig bag to go in the back seat, thats why I was hoping for a drop top. Might still go for the curbside drop top.

Yeah, convertible, the only one is the AMT curbside one.

Will Revell do one? Who knows. Would be easy as all they need to do is tool the body, and just use the rest of parts from the SS kit.

Challenger...well there is no drop top of one of those, so you won't see a kit maker do one.

Latest posts

Back