Arado Ar196A-3

Exceptionally tidy per the "Spalding Method"!! ;D Great work so far Chris!! ;)

Thanks a lot guys ;)

I'll get some better pics tomorrow with the tape off and the nose cone on :).....Started on the engine too ;D

Chris.

When I see a cockpit as compelling as this, I think that it should be displayed in sections. It's too good to seal up and hide away in a fuselage. Or just build a second kit. ;D

Thankyou very much gentlemen :)

spud said:
Looking real god chris

Easy there Spud ,I havent quite made it to that status yet (((lol)) :p

Ok .... With the fuselage dry I added the framework and the nose cone ,you could if you wanted detail the forward bulkhead as the kit offers the option of leaving the panels open even including the rests/support arms for them .But I will be closing these panels and leaving the engine cowl open so I didnt waste any time in there .

DSCF4116.jpg
DSCF4117.jpg

A few areas do need a little filling ,first is underneath were the belly pan joins the fuselage ,there shouldnt be a seam here so it needs smoothed out ,the stringers actually end just to the left of the join .That could have been better thought out ...but there ya go ::)

DSCF4118.jpg

The other area needing filled is the top of the wing root and fillet ,but its no biggy ,other than that so far its just the seams need a quick skim .

DSCF4120.jpg

And here's a little size comparison with my other ongoing project ...1/35 Marder !

DSCF4121.jpg

More later ..

Chris.

:eek: Yep... that's a big bird...

It is nice that you kept a photo record of your build... that way you can see or show what's inside...

that was a lot of work to get all that stuff painted and detailed !!!

Superb work my friend !!! just superb !

Test

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jlSxOzFP9Ig?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok Im just trying out this video thing ! anybody know how I get a vid to embed from youtube ,I've tried copying and pasting the embed link (above) but it just shows the link ??

Chris.

Chris S said:
Test

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jlSxOzFP9Ig?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok Im just trying out this video thing ! anybody know how I get a vid to embed from youtube ,I've tried copying and pasting the embed link (above) but it just shows the link ??

Chris.

Just paste in the URL. The forum software will code it for you.

Arado196vid_0001.wmv

Thanks shutterace ...got it ;D Im a bit stupid with this stuff ...lol This one is just a test by the way ,so its only pics and no sound .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back