Arado Ar196A-3

fumblethumbs said:
Just beautifull work there Chris! This will be the next kit I pick up!!

True to my word Chris!DSC02548.jpg
After you showing us first hand what this kit is all about and what can be done with it, I simply had to have it. Not sure whether to thank you or give you a slap upside the head ;D. My not so LHS had it. Unfortunately, they were out of stock on the Tamiya vehicle accessory set (another purchase inspired by you ;)) that I went there for in the first place.

Anyway, back to your build when you're up to it Buddy..........

Nice one FT ;D Im sure if you've looked in the box you're not disappointed ,it really is a great kit .I shall be cracking on again this week :D ,Im glad you're enjoying it buddy ;) and thanks for the compliment its much appreciated .Pitty you couldn't get the Tamiya set tho'

Chris.

I know I know ::) Actually ,I took a dose of flu on Tuesday which knocked me down again for another day or two ...I tell ya being sick,coughing and sneezing is just a tad sore on the hernia wound :'( Not to bad now tho' hoping to get some painting done tomorrow ...stay tuned ;)

Chris.

Chris your falling apart bud! Would like like some of us to come over with paint and glue to put you back together! ;D ;D ;D ;)

we still got a few months away, Chris alot of rest would give you the energy back in shape!!!

with a smell of plastic cement in the air ;D

Hi guys :)

Once again ,thanks for all the well wishes ;) Im now pretty much back on my feet ,and i've been bursting to get on with this one again ;D

So ,Time to get this party started ....again ::)

I now have all the main assemblies built and all the flying surfaces put together ...elevators,ailerons ,rudder etc . What filling that was needed on the fuselage has been done ,and it was minimal I must say ;).

DSCF4216.jpg

This is the biggest area of filling ,the join for the belly pan ,still a little sanding required but I'll finish that off before paint .
DSCF4218.jpg

DSCF4219.jpg

DSCF4217.jpg

The wings have some very nice detail and panel lines....
DSCF4221.jpg

These little wedges are part of the wing ,they go in place at the root and fold up to allow the wings to fold back
DSCF4223.jpg

And when the wings are folded the flaps need to be in the down position so they dont foul on the fuselage

DSCF4220.jpg

So ...after a little more clean up ,I'll be painting tomorrow ;D Stay tuned .

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

The construction is coming along, Chris... just a little bit of cleaning is all you need.

Great to see your back online again ;D

Thanks buddy ,Its good to be moving again ;D

Chris.

Don't feel too bad Chris ! you better work on her when you feel like yourself ! nothing worse than feeling obligated to work on something....

She is one Awesome plane ! I will get one for sure....

I have been liking this plane since the 80's when I first saw it in a Book ! and never got around getting one.... but now... maybe its the right time ?

I to, feel Blah ! I haven't touched my Prowler in Weeks !!! I don't think I will for a while.... it's the weather and it's hard to get out of the Gutter !

Time for Light Therapy and Vitamins C !

I totally agree with the other guys - back to it when your feeling ready.

The last update picture were great, that is one sharp kit.

Thanks Norm ,sorry to hear ya dont feel good buddy ,hope you're better soon ;) it is a real mojo killer aint it !!

JMac, Thanks fella ,Im well up to it now and will be cracking on this week ,mostly with paint ;D

Chris.

Ok ...Time to throw some paint about ;D

I done a pre shade on the fuselage & wings ,its really only to help pop out the panel lines and add a little depth to the blue and the fabric areas ,so most of the pre shade gets covered again ::)

Fuselage ......

DSCF4234.jpg

Wings ....

DSCF4236.jpg

Then I put the colour on the bottom side of the wings .....

DSCF4239.jpg

DSCF4238.jpg

You can see how the pre shade worked a little better in this pic...

DSCF4237.jpg

I havent painted the underside of the fuselage yet because after pre shade I found some filler I wasnt happy with ,so it will get fixed and painted tomorrow :)

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Looking real nice Mr. S!!! You preshading adds just enough variation!! Splendid!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back