Merkava Mk.3 BAZ 1/35 by Meng

Jaitea

OK,....gonna give this one a go

Merkava.jpg

I bought this from Chris about a year ago I guess,....I built a Tamiya 1/35 Merkava when I was a teenager,....loved the look of that tank,.....so I'll have a go at this one

I'm also trying to do my Hasbro 1/48 Millennium Falcon.....juggling ;D

Hope everyone caught the Eclipse this morning in the UK

Merkava%202.jpg

John

Scott Girvan said:
Never saw this YT variant before. ;)

Ha,.....dont you know I'm gonna leave open access panels, paint some random bits red and stick a radar dish on her ;D

J

Jaitea said:
Ha,.....dont you know I'm gonna leave open access panels, paint some random bits red and stick a radar dish on her ;D

Of course. lol.

But seriously, great choice, those mine rollers will be bad ass. Planning a desert base?

Scott Girvan said:
Jaitea said:

Of course. lol.

But seriously, great choice, those mine rollers will be bad ass. Planning a desert base?

I don't know about the base,....would that make it a dio?

JohnSimmons said:
Han's other ride!! Very cool 8)

Yeah,....but I don't think they had Wookiee's in mind when they designed it though

The Chaos said:
WOW with Mine Roller Cool.

I know!....it looks EVIL

Dark Kyp said:
I really like the design of that tank! Can't wait to see it build! ;)

Don't think many have seen any of my kits actually built!!

Klaus said:
There can never be enough Merkavas - I look forward to your build

I've always loved the designs of Merkavas

cargoman5126 said:
That thing looks like a beast...can't wait to see it come together...

Well I've started....thats the main thing

Bags.jpg
Sprues,.....tonnes of them & individually bagged!!!
Sprues.jpg

.....wheels.....and a choice to make.....all rubber or half rubber,....I chose half rubber.....the 6 wheels in a group at the bottom of the picture are moulded as steel wheels,.....the 6 (still to be glued together) near the instruction booklet, represent wheels with rubber tyres
Wheels.jpg

Underside....with a blast of primer:
underside%202.jpg
underside%203.jpgunderside.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

nice looking kit there
will be looking forward to seeing more of it
have been looking at that kit for a while now

Thanks very much guys,....I'm hooked.....love this build,.....but there are some really small parts,.....need to be careful

Another option the Meng gives you is to make the baskets at the rear of the tank empty or full:
Empty-closed%20copy.jpg

I decided to make them full.....one of the reference photos I found has the cover of one of the baskets pulled off its frame:
10535567906_39a8c66760_b.jpg

So I got some copper insulation foil off Satellite cable and used the open basket frame to support the material:
Copper%20Basket.jpg

I might replace the other basket lid with the same copper although not have it hanging down like the first one,...just replacing it so that the 2 have the same looking material

Baskets%202.jpg
Baskets.jpg

Thats it for tonight,...thanks for looking
John

Latest posts

Back